1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A new law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 31, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What new law ( Fed,State /Commonwealth /local )
    would you like to see past.

Please observe these ground rules

For the purpose of this discussion the following items are off-limits: (there is enough discussion on those as it is).

1-Abortion
    2-Obama Care
    3-Federal Reserve
    4- The IRS / Taxes
    5- Combat operations
    6-DHS / Illegals
    7-Guns

Actually, I would like to see issues brought up, that normally do not get brought up.

So what law would you like to see passed or rescinded?

Okay, I will start:

Veterans - at age 77 will be authorized all military post privileges - that would not have a direct cost to the govt - ie PX, Commissary, gyms, ect. In addition - the age of 77 would be reduced one year for each full year of active duty - provided he was given an Honorable discharge.

As far as a law to be rescinded:
    All the info that some sponsors are required to put on their commercials. On TV it isn't too bad, because they can write it, so it can be seen, but on radio - the spokesman has to talk so fast, you can barely make it out - and it takes time from the sponsor.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any, ANY, law would have a sunset clause wit a MAX of 5 years.
    After that, it would need a 2/3 majority to renew - otherwise it would automatically become null & void!

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A law that bands lawyers from holding any public office that actually writes laws.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

** Undo the law that now allows prescription drugs to be advertised to the public. If memory serves about the time that ads for smoking were banned, restrictions on ads for prescription meds were lifted. Ad agencies had to find something to replace those smoking ad revenue dollars.

It's been a while. If memory serves about 14% of prescription drug prices are for advertising. Advertising something that I cannot legally purchase unless authorized by someone who has been trained to know, better than myself, what I need.

** Stop telling me what I can do and cannot do on my own property. (Exception: valid health issues that can affect neighbors - sewage for example.) I extend the right for neighbors to do what they wish, in order to be able to do the same on my little piece of God's creation.

Nearest neighbor is half mile away. Surrounded by woods & crop land. CANNOT build a garage because I have a small greenhouse, hobby workshop, and storage building. Cannot exceed 3 "accessory" buildings on less than 10 acres of land.

Invalidate all building/zoning codes that are not specific for safety factors relating to hired contractor's performance. If I want to build a one room log cabin with a dirt floor on the back 40, don't tell me I must pour a concrete foundation. Nor tell me how many trees I must plant or the pitch of the roof.

** Put God, prayer, and the Bible back into our education system. Along with returning civics, home ec & shop back to required studies for graduation.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Pass a law that makes law makers every bit as accountable to the laws they pass as every other citizen in this country.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about the Constitutional exemption

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Show me this exemption.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Pass a law that any lawmaker convicted of abusing, stealing, misappropriating, US taxpayer funds be considered treason.

9. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Clear and Concise Act of 2013: No law can be longer that one paragraph, said law must be written in a clear and concise manner using definitions as provided by the Merriam Webster Dictionary, said law must contain no rider amendments.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fully agree with no riders - but I would hate to see a 50 page law with only one paragraph.
    I would add a rider that would say a max of 3 pages Double space

11. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol... Yeah the lawyers would twist that..
    Clearly I would need a real good lawyer on my staff to write lawyer proof laws. :eek:

12. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or just pull their nonsense and reinterpret the definition of paragraph in the definition section of the act to make paragraph mean writing no longer than one half of one page of standard 8.5x11 paper.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no one has found the Constitutional exception yet.

You mean we have no Constitutional experts here?

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Again. Show us this exemption. You brought it up the burden of proof falls on you.