1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A new responsibility

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have just recently been appointed the chaplain of the 8th US Calvary Regiment Association.

Most units of the 8th Reg have served with the First Cav Division, though some units have been assigned to other divisions as well.

Currently there are less than 100 members of the Association, so my duties will be minimal. I trust I will be a blessing to the members and assist them as needed. Members do live throughout the county, so must assistance would be by email and or phone.

Salty

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a wonderful responsibility. God bless you as you minster!

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Congradulations, Salty!!!

Say, wasn't that "Vietnam" guy, ------- a um----Lt. Col. Moore----from the 1st Cav???

And, oh, yes-----don't wind up like General George Custer---wasn't he in a Cavalry unit?? Don't let um scalp ya, Salty!!!

PS----overheard from the TeePee of Crazy Horse the day of the infamous "skirmish" with Custer

"Today---good day to be Indian!!!"

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both Col Moore and Custard were with the 5TH Cav Regt.

I found this statement on a 5th Cav website:

From its inception, it was an elite unit, with the Secretary of War Jefferson Davis hand-picking its members from a dozen states. In its 144-year history,