1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A plea for the ESV

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pete Richert, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

So I hear over and over again on this board that people think the ESV is an execllent translation, but they don't like its binding. People people people, forget the binding. If this work can help illuminate the sciptures wouldn't it be worth it printed on card board. If this translation is worth notice in the evangelcal community, indeed, if it could help draw that community back into one translation, why not buy it and use it.

2. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I'd LOVE to buy it. The deluxe hard cover was due for release on the first of April. I've had it ordered since the middle of March. So far, it's still listed as not in stock. I believe this veresion was origionally to be released last October, then November, then this March. I would like to use it for my spring reading, but I'm beginning to think that it is mereky a non-existent phantom!

REALLY, REALLY REALLY, wanting to get my order delivered!

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Pete,

While I am sure that this is an excellent version of the Scripture, there will never be any one version that all the church uses. If this were to be the case, however, it would be the NIV. This is already an extremely popular version regardless of what some here think about it.

Since the ESV is not that much different than the NASB or even the NKJV, as far as literalness is concerned, it is important that it be produced in a quality bible. Until that day, it is just too easy to refer to the ESV online.

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

People, all that matters is that a thinline edition is available.

5. Clay Knick

Clay Knick New Member

I have a friend who has just seen and
    purchased an ESV Deluxe. He is very
    impressed and says that the ESV now
    looks like it should. I hope so!
    It is the bonded leather edition.
    I'll wait a few days and get the
    genuine leather edition.

Clay