1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Public Apology...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 21, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On my earlier thread, "Should we be grateful?" I intended to point out the seemingly intellectual, denominational and theological class system on this forum and how it was hurting others with one person exerting their superiority over another at every turn.

Of course, it turned into a more divisive and schismatic thread, and not one that helped people to consider the wrongs going on here.

I am sorry for being part of such a divisive thread, and I apologize to any of those who I caused to line up with me, as well as against me.

You must believe that this was not my intent, and I can only hope that all of those who took up sides, will lay down arms and give a cyber hug to one another and move forward.

I have decided to take some time off this board, as the things that have been said by me, and against me have taken its toll. I look forward to seeing all of you in the future, but for now; I'd sincerely appreciate your prayers for all that were sucked into this fight between myself and another member, and that healing will take hold during this time of respite. :praying:

Since this schism was started, inadvertently by myself, I request that the Moderators leave this thread on this forum, as it was on this forum that my words and actions caused the pain. Thanks for considering this request!

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother Paul, there's no need to leave. Stay and chat with us. We can use your insights, or at least I can.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Good apology. Thanks.

Brother RD2, take time off if needed. Also please consider the other not an enemy, nor in any pejorative manner, but as a brother, and perhaps, just think about it, perhaps that has some good doctrinal advice. True friends are those who correct us. Sometimes this hurts and offends. Take it for what it's worth. I don't believe the other thinking of himself as being superior, yet at the same time we are to count others as better than we are.

Pray about that. I know it took a little while for me to accept some truths that I never considered in the past, found out I was wrong and accepted it. It was also (for me) a huge step to use another version of Scriptures other than the KJV, even though I was not KJVO...just a guilt association.

- Peace

#3 preacher4truth, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the song says, "Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust.....& another one gone & another one gone....:laugh:

Seriously....Paul is a good man...he will be sorely missed by all those who know that he is.....as for the rest.....oh never mind. Bye friend & go with God:wavey:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see Glfredereck, Rippon, Archangel, Ruiz, Luke, Penoy, havent seen KyRed in a while Even some good Arminians & Non-Cals.....where is Quantum? Hmmmmmm.

Sad...Ive learned from these people....they taught me things about God.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

They got in a heated debate with each other, and they hosed each other!! :laugh:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhh, errrr...that term has other suggestive connotations I dont even want to discuss, Right!