1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question Calvinists must Answer

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

First, have you visited the site and seen how respectful and Christlike I am in my treatment of Calvinists?

Second, many here have blogs or sites and refer people to them to get further clarification of what they believe.

Third, what does my recording of my beliefs on a blog have to do with my motive on this "debate board?"

Fourth, what stated reason are you talking about exactly?

Fifth, there is no fifth point, I just know Calvinists like all five points so I thought I would add this. :)

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Looks to me like God decreed that you would get it wrong! :tongue3:

3. Skandelon

As if everyone else who posts here is innocently seeking answers from the more intelligent reformed believers??? Come on brother. Just a little bit of a double standard there, don't you think? Could you be treating me this way just because I can't be responded to by your pat answers and that you don't know how to answer my arguments?

Oh, no, why would I take your continual avoidance of the topic in order to question me personally an attack???

Am I? This is the only thing you have said that is remotely close to addressing the OP. Are we really free to be Calvinistic or not? Has God done all that is needed for me to accept the truth of Calvinism, or has he withheld something from me that He granted to you? Or are we really free to do otherwise?

Pardon the rudeness, but, "Duh." It is a 'baptist debate board.' Debate topics typically start with questions and propositions and suppositions to be discussed. What is your beef? What is wrong with debating and making soteriological arguments on a theology debate board? Is anyone here under the impression that I'm not wanting to engage you and other Calvinist in a discussion about soteriology and our points of disagreement? Aren't many people here day after day for that same reason? Why you call me out in particular is quite revealing. Thank you. I consider it a compliment.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what should you do if it causes a brother to stumble?

5. Skandelon

When we get to heaven I'll bring the mill stone and you bring the rope and by then we will know which one of us is going in.

Oh wait, if I'm wrong the same number of people will be in heaven regardless of my errors, for all the elect will be saved regardless....On the other hand, if you are wrong, you will be the one causing men to stumble because in my belief you actually have the ability to do just that. Doesn't seem like a very fair bet for you to take, but I'll take it if you're still game?

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After all the time you have spent on the BB and you rehearse that nonsense. Shame on you.

Quoting a part of my post numbered 51:"You had said since Calvinists don't believe that Christ died for all people and that the gospel says He died for all,then the two are differert gospels. And of course,you know that Calvinists believe as they do about the extent of the atonement because of the witness of the Word of God."

In Galatians 1:8,9 there are some serious words and a curse for those who preach a gospel other than the true one. In 2 Cor.11:4 it gives a similar message about the dangeres of a different gospel.

So, let me warn you and anyone else to gliby (or not so glibly) say that Calvinists preach or teach a different gospel -- you are treading on dangerous ground.

#86 Rippon, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why don't you leave her alone? You have no idea what you are talking about. She did not say or imply Calvinists taught a different Gospel. Half the time you misquote and get people mixed up. Isn't it about time for your Michael Servetus fan club meeting?

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! The man who can't tell a PM from a post!

She came right out and said Calvinists (a term you loathe) teach a different gospel. She said that the gospel says Christ died for all men. Calvinism teaches He died for some men. Two different gospels.

So, that proves you are lost in confusion.

Somehow you are confusing yourself with me! How can you come to that conclusion?!

Your immaturity is showing once again SN.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here is the context of Rippon's accusations.

Jaurthur said:
    "IT IS...the gospel" (referring to Calvinism)

In another quote Jarthur said:
    Then I posted:

My point was that IF you want to claim Calvinism is THE gospel, then you have 2 different gospels.

It took me a long time to find this conversation and I cannot believe Rippon would devote so much time to making a fellow believer look bad. :tonofbricks:

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you reduced Calvinism down to a different gospel because we don't believe that Christ died for all people --but non-Cals do.

Now because we believe,on biblical grounds, that He died for the elect alone -- are you willing to say that we preach/teach a different gospel? Yes,or no?

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I have explained myself to you. I am not questioning anyone's salvation. You need to leave it alone.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Calvinists do not preach a different Gospel, and do not believe she said that. The point is you seemed more interested in justifying Calvin's beliefs and actions than you do seeking the truth of Scripture

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man,if you will just take the time to read. Look at her post numbered 89.

I will continue to believe and post what I believe the Scriptures teach.

And I will continue to correct your infantile rants seeking to denigrate Calvin with no basis in truth. And for you to continue on your course is a sign that you have heart trouble.

You say disgusting and false things about him (as well as me). Facts are obstacles to your agenda.

14. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Amy,

I would suggest you just ignore him. The main thing he gets his knickers in a knot about is Mr. Calvin or anything which does not agree with his theology.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would appreciate an answer to the question I asked you in post #90.

Those preaching and teaching a different gospel are not regenerate. Since Calvinists,according to you, preach/teach a different gospel --then they must not be saved. It's perfectly logical.

Do you still insist that we preach/teach a different gospel which falls under the curse of Galatians 1:8,9 or not?

If you admit that that we do not believe a different gospel --I will drop the subject with you.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My heart trouble is none of your business, and has no relation to this discussion. The fact is you degrade any poster, including Amy. The only thing disqusting is your lack of human decency.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Heart trouble" is not pretaining only to the physical realm.

"Degrade",have you taken a close look at the contents of your posts? Anyone will get a bird's eye view of degradation following your posts. I have not said anything remotely degrading to Amy. Whereas you have aimed your squirtgun on a number on the BB on a regular basis.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In that frame of thought, my heart is fine, but actually, that is none of your business either. If you do not like my posts, then go elsewhere.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who,in their right mind wants to witness your ceaseless denigrations? But the trouble is you pop up even on threads that I have started and proceed to muddy-up the carpets. Choose a non-Christian site to air your anger issues.

#99 Rippon, Feb 24, 2011
  20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#100 saturneptune, Feb 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.