1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A question for calvinists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rubato 1, Mar 31, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't recall many posts from two years ago.
    Your question is ridiculous, and not worthy of a response.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Being born again prior to faith in Christ is not found in Scripture, so his disagreement is not with Scripture, but with your view.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've never met Wesley...so I wouldn't consider him my "buddy". Also, I am not an open theist, and would appreciate it if you would not refer to me as such from this point forward. One flawed source that has an agenda as you do does not prove anything. I already posted what open theism is. I know you believe you have it all figured out...but you really don't. I pray your pride does not get in the way of true knowledge.

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I'll take that as a no. :)

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Of course you have never met him. He died many years ago. I mean no disrespect at all to you. As I have said before, I find your words match his very close. And you often quote Adam Clarke who reinforced the teachings of Methodist founder Wesley. If you no longer believe as they, then I will not place your name with them any longer.

If it was just Jarthur saying it, with some kind of agenda, I would understand. It is not I, but 5 sources now that claim this to be that case. I shall give you more.

This is from a OTheism site....

http://www.opentheism.info/
    You may want to read "The Diminished God of Open Theism" by Ware which tells more about this.

Another good book is..."Bound Only Once".

All three of these sources will show that changing God with our prayer is the goal of Open Theism.

No I don't have it all figured out. I do know error when I see it. Again....if it were just me saying this I would understand you not believing me. But there are mounds of books, MP3s and blogs on this and I have given you many ways to find this on your own. Or...just google it.

I hope you mean this. I hope this was not just a cute saying. I long for prayers such as this. Also pray that I do not have to much pride to admit when I am wrong. Please pray for me in all areas of life.

6. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Wrong. God's attributes do not change. He will always love. He can't change his mind and then go back on his covenant with man; this changes him from just to unjust, thruth to liar, merciful to unmerciful. God can change his mind, but He will not change. God himself explains this.

7. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Agreed pinoybaptist.

So then, I take this "taking off the veil" is having the understanding enlightened?

And having understanding is a necessary part of the gospel response.

How is the understanding enlightened? Hearing the gospel preached?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Take it however you want to, but I tire of the Riddler type posts.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who is "commonly" referring this? I've never heard free will theology referenced to "openness theology". It starts off with a false premise, so the rest of Dr. John Sanders' explanation is garbage. The non cal position doesn't teach that God is still learning anything, or has no knowledge of future events. I have yet to see an open theist on this board.

#169 webdog, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Sanders would know the ideas more then any other, being he is one of the founders of the movement. If Sanders says openness is born in "free-will" theology I will take his word for it. Sanders is not the only one that claims this.

11. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Gospel

When we hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can't see it clearly, untill we turn to Jesus.

At this point we can respond either way as lyndia or like young rich ruler.

God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so you cannot blame God for not comming. Like saying it is the serpent that you created that made me do it or the women you created or today's excuse that you created me this way.

Don't make excuses not to come just come to Jesus and in no wise will He cast you out.

God loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life or you have already been condemned because you have not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God