1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Question for Calvinust here (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    PreachTony

Hello PT,
    Thanks for this response and solid question:thumbs:

First off....Cals believe this:thumbs:

In other words this is so clearly stated that any action, teaching, or any other question must start here. God has commanded all men everywhere to repent, they are responsible to live holy lives worshipping him everyday 24/7.
    Before any other question is addressed this fact must be in evidence.
    Any subsequent question will not overthrow this.

You are suggesting that God is a debtor to man? Does God have to ..."move" within them? men are responsible if God moves within them or not:thumbs:

PT, it is called MERCY and GRACE because God is not obligated to move on all men everywhere. He does not have to move on any man anywhere, except He has obligated Himself to His own Covenant promise.

It is a great verse .Cals have to deal with all the verses PT.
    There are NOT going to be souls in hell who wanted to be in heaven on God's terms but were not allowed to.
    I do not read where Noah beat people away from the doorway of the ark and did not allow them in.
    Jesus preached and loved people more than anyone ever has, and depraved man hated and put Him to death.

If every person wanted to repent and believe the gospel in the next 47 minutes and believe it savingly.....God would not stop them PT.

The problem is man in unable and unwilling to do so.
    In the words of one pastor...man has a bad record, and a bad heart.

No...they do not want to come, they are unwilling, and without the Spirit...unable to come.

Unless you are going to say that God must save every single person for whatever reason you suppose....you cannot make any such demand.:thumbs:

The gathering here is not the effectual call at all. It is that no one who would come on God's terms would be cast away. These persons who would come do not exist however. That is why Jesus comments as he does showing men are fully responsible.
    sad indeed...they have eternity to think about it.

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No Christian wants lost men to stay lost.

ok...well then take a look at it.

God has commanded that all men everywhere repent. It is no deception.
    This is not a requirement, but if the situation presents itself ...I have no problem explaining such things to a person in quite an evangelistic
    way:thumbs:

The only time I see this is when non cals on a tract quote half verses such as...and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.
    You have seen this on tracts correct? they leave out,, All that the Father gives to me...shall come to me,,
    To explain that sinners need the blood of Jesus to cover their sin, does not require a full doctrinal exposition of all things systematic does it?

Hey Steaver...does you wife need to have an engineer describe the specs of the car engine before she gets in, turns the key on, and drives to Weis Market?

I can assure you Steaver.....goats do not believe in tulip, in fact they do not believe anything...that is why they are goats..jn10:26:thumbs:

All believers are cals Steaver.....some just do not know it yet;)

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well said Con1......the broken record, the not so fast friend, and now the bull with the horns showing:applause::applause::applause:

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Reformed
    The results belong to God:thumbs:

Well posted here:applause: This is a main issue , perhaps the heart of it.No one wants to see it put this way.....but that is the teaching if consistent.
    An Arminian who is inconsistent with this...is a Cal in training:thumbs:

yes...sincere but wrong:thumbs:

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    steaver

you are getting there Steaver....:thumbs: this is more than 1 point,lol....connect the dots Steaver;)

No one who is thinking correctly would be one Steaver...that is why we are contending with you:thumbs:

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

you have not answered a single point where Romans 2 refutes your claims.

Were we "not supposed to notice"???

in Christ,

Bob

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    your post number 102 was answered in post 106

I answered you on Romans two
    that its not speaking about Saved Gentiles at all if you really want me to open it up I'll do it for you and just embarrass you to show that you have no understanding whatsoever of what Romans two is talking about
    your completely clueless on the whole chapter

#147 Iconoclast, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No it wasn't -- I proved that with post #146 where your post 106 is quoted in full and shown to not address a single point made from Romans 2.

You will have to engage in at least "some" Bible study if you want to answer the post regarding Romans 2.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you have to read the actual thread on that point first.