1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A question for our non-Calvinist brethren about angels

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by whetstone, Nov 7, 2005.

1. whatever

whatever New Member

Any comments on my question? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, they were.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some Calvinists claim to adhere strictly to Calvin yet their practice may be very different because they know by doing so would be disobedience.

What I truly believe is that Calvinists try to reconcile the diference between the forest and the trees. Figuratively speaking scripture declares the forest has trees. Calvinists see that the forest and the trees as the same. I know because I was once there and had a lot of struggle with what scripture teaches. I once saw it as a two sided fence idea that was not reconcilable. Today I see it as one God who is consisistent with all presented in scripture. You cannot separate out Calvinism ideas and Armininan ideas. To do so is to separate scripture and separate God from who He is. God created the forest and each tree. The forest is the large domain of God and his freedom of choice and the tree is man's will to choose within how God created him (the forest).