1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is the Ephesians 4 'list of ones' completing Christian Faith? Or, What is necessary for the life of the Christian Faith? Anything besides the '7 ones'?

2. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Is there some reason you want to share about why you did not do this by private message?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why? It's of interest to all of us. At least it's a question about the Scriptures, and not about some 'movement' of no concern to an understanding of the Scriptures.

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

If it is of interest to all of us, why give it a title like "A Question for Sgt Fury"? I nearly missed the whole thread, thinking at first that that it was not meant for me, as I am not a sergeant, and I am not furious :laugh: .

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Whatever, my question is for the person who initially said the 7 ones complete the Christian Faith - or words to that effect; words I gladly endorse. However, is it all? What makes Christianity tick? Is there anything besides the 7 ones?

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

You need to refresh yourself regarding the rules of these forums. We are not allowed to use a member's name in the thread's title. If it is specific for Sgt Fury then that is what PM is for.

7. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Would everyone rather that I answer Gerhard via PM?

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Your reply would be most welcomed Sgt. SIR!

9. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

It depends.

It looks like this thread might have been created to get you `dragged through the mud' for all to see. It has been my experience that unsolicited threads which target an individual with a different view most commonly have that motive.

My concerns, and possibly those of others, is that this is exactly what is intended. I know that this concern motivated my loaded question in my first post. If you are okay with being set up like it looks, I invite you to answer. On the other hand, if you do not want to be `bulls-eyed' publicly, I would not want you to have to endure that.

Answer publicly at your own risk. Otherwise, private message a moderator, and this thread will probably disappear.

#9 Darron Steele, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2008
  10. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Well, if this is what Darron suspects it might be, so be it. I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt. Then again, I may be naive...

This won't be filled with Scripture references. It's just something I've come to realize fairly recently, and it may seem a little simplistic, but the more I learn, the more it occurs to me that living the Christian life is basically just treating people right.

Of course there's resisting temptation, contending for the faith, worship, and all the rest, but it really boils down to the old "Golden Rule".

The seven "ones" in Eph 4 are the key to making sure we're all enjoying the unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace, and without complete agreement on these there will always be religious division. Judging from this thread so far, we might be stuck with it. Too bad.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

I apologise that I acquainted myself not with the 'rules' that prohibit the use of one's name in the title of a thread. I did it not knowingly or intentionally, or with ulterior motive --- and therefore must remind Darron Steele of another 'Rule', that says, "Thou shalt not accuse falsely."

12. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

No harm done, GE. All is well.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks Sarge! Well then, lets get on with it! Are the 'ones' of Ephesians 4 all that is truly necessary for the life of the Church of Christ to go on and "grow with the growth of God"?