1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Question

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jun 28, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct Willis!

2. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hello convicted1(Willis)

Without a doubt, this one of the Bible’s most difficult questions:
    “How could the Jews still be God’s people, when they rejected Christ??”

Well, I don’t pretend to have all the answers, but I do know what the Bible says.
    --------------------------------------------------
    In Psalms 89:3-37, God made an everlasting covenant with the Jews, that can not be ignored.

And in Romans 11:, God makes it clear, that He has not forsaken His people(the Jews).
    Also in this Chapter, God explains that some of the Jews(the elect), will trust Christ, but rest will be blinded for a season, so that they will not have to be judged for rejecting Christ.

And then in V.33, we are told not to worry about it; It’s God’s business......
    Romans 11:33
    “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!”

--------------------------------------------------
    God can have mercy, on who ever He wants to.
    And the purpose for his special protection for the Jews, has to do with the promises that He made to them, in the Old Testament.

Nice talking to you

3. OldRegular

Hopefully your "still learning" will set you free!

4. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

Amen to that brother.God has always had only one people.There is only one body made by the believing Jew and Gentile which is the Church of the living God.Yet dispensationalist say God has two sets of people the Jew and the Church a plan A the Jew and plan B the church.

You will not find this in the Bible and all of Gods promises were conditional with the IF`s attached.

Dispensationalist say the Kingdom of God and Heaven are not the same and that one is an earthly kingdom and one a heavenly kingdom.This doctrine is unbiblical.

Example:

SCOFIELD note (SRB 1917) on Mt 6:33: "The kingdom of God is to be distinguished from the kingdom of heaven." Part (4), The kingdom of God ... is chiefly that which is inward and spiritual; while the kingdom of heaven is organic, and is to be manifested in glory on the earth."

Scofield implies that one does not enter the kingdom of heaven by being born again, this is required only for entering the kingdom of God. See also Scofield note (SRB 1917, 1967) and (I Co 15:24 part 4)

ANSWER: Such a view causes more problems. Jesus said, "Except ye be converted ... ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Mt 18:3) "Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (Jn 3:3) The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are one and the same.

Praise God for one people and one Kingdom and one Gospel through the Spiritual Israel the Church of the living God.

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The problem with Covenant theology or whatever you maybe is that you throw all dispensationalists into one mix. Learn to differentiate. We are all Baptists aren't we? That means that you are Landmarkists, aren't you? That is the reasoning you use.

I am a dispensationalist but do not agree with everything that Scofield taught. I believe that the terms "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven" are often used interchangeably. As with many words only the context gives the proper meaning. Sometimes just the word "kingdom" is used. Only the context will give the proper meaning. The word or phrase taken out of its context has no meaning at all. You might as well agree with Jehovah Witness doctrine. Context is everything, and often defines the word.

6. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

I simply believe what Gods word says.I do not take a verse here and there and all-over the bible to build what I believe as most dispensationalist do.

Dispensationalist believe in a coming 1000 year millennium.This cant be because this world be destroyed by fire when Christ returns and following comes a New Heaven and Earth.

I believe the 1000 year millennium is symbolic of the Church age and the binding of satan is symbolic of his power being severely limited at the Cross of Christ and the first resurrection is a spiritual one.

Seven covenants of God is way easier to understand than these so-called seven dispensations of classical dispensationalism and is unbiblical built on a faulty foundation.

As for saying I should agree with a Jehovah witness is a critical insult that I rebuke in the name of Christ.

God bless in Jesus.

Steven.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are being hypocritical. You have repeatedly compared the NIV text to the NWT saying that the two are virtually the same -- and that the users of the former must follow JW teachings. So I don't buy your supposed offended feelings.

8. OldRegular

I don't understand your point but perhaps it is a private disagreement between you and pilgrim 2009.

I do believe that the terms Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are the same. A comparison of certain parables will demonstrate this.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Debates about Bible versions belong on the Versions forum, not here.

10. pilgrim2009

pilgrim2009 New Member

When the proof comes out the deleting begins.

So shall the proof appear.