1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A rather complete list of warning Scriptures against OSAS

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 23, 2013.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matthew 25:46
    "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Mark 10:30
    but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.

Luke 18

29And He said to them, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,
    30who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life."

Titus 1
    1Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,
    2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago,

Titus 3
    6whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
    7so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    8This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.

1 John 2
    24As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
    25This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.
    26These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.

Jude 1
    20But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
    21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.
    22And have mercy on some, who are doubting;
    Future immortality “promised” as a result of future judgment (BOTH good and bad results from that judgment)

Rom 2
    5But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
    6who will render to each person according to his deeds:
    7to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
    8but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
    9There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
    10but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Mark 10:30
    King James Version (KJV)
    30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Luke 18:30
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    30 who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.”

1 John 2:24-25 (KJV)
    24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
    25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

======================

Rev 20:1-4 – Saints will reign with Christ on thrones. 1Cor 6 – will judge angels. Physical reality Future
    Eph 2:6 Raised up with Christ and seated with Him on His throne. – by faith. (After one is born again – not while lost)

Heb 9:27 – no reincarnation – “appointed unto man once to die and then comes the judgment”. – Physical reality
    Gal 2:20 – Crucified with Christ, (by faith) I no longer live. Romans 6:3-4 died with Christ, buried with Christ, alive in Christ by faith. (After one is born again not while lost)

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If all we are going to do is make scripture lists then here is my list:

Jn. 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Jn. 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jn. 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
    30 I and my Father are one.

Philip. 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philip. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Heb. 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Jn. 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Heb. 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

Psa. 89:29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
    30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
    31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
    32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
    33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
    35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
    36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Jd 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Rom. 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    29 ¶ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
    31 ¶ What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I like both lists.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The difference is I believe both lists and you do not and it is easy to prove you do not. Do you believe that "of all" given to the Son "all" of which do come to the Son and "of all" given the Son says "I SHALL LOSE NOTHING" or do you believe some given, do not come or some that come are lost???

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    on the contrary we get lots of acrimony and loud objection from you by the mere quote of one of those lists.

Surely you didn't think we would simply "not notice"??

So far - between the two of us - I am the only one that consistently posts acceptance of both.

I think that even you know this to be true.

in Christ,

Bob

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

My response is to YOUR INTERPRETATION of these texts not their contextual based application. My complaint is that they are JERKED OUT OF CONTEXT.

However, I would be more than happy to defend either list IN THE CONTEXT they are found. You won't because your interpetation breaks down and that is precisely why you simply provide LISTS OUT OF CONTEXT.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see so you are pretty happy with this list of quotes -

2Peter 1:10-11
    8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true
    knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
    10 Therefore, brethren,
    be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as
    you practice these things
    , you will never stumble;
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 Timothy 4:16
    Pay
    close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.

1Cor 9
    23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
    24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
    25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
    26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;
    I box in such a way, as not beating the air;
    27 but
    I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached (the Gospel) to others, I myself will not be disqualified

Phil 3
    7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish
    so that I may gain Christ,
    9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
    10 that I may know Him
    and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
    in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
    12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I
    press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
    13 Brethren, I
    do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
    14 I
    press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And with this -

[FONT=&quot]Rom 11
    20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
    21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
    22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]"Forgiveness revoked" model as Matt 18

Matt 18
    32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
    33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
    34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

[/FONT][/FONT]

Heb 2:1-3
    1. For this reason we must pay close attention to what have heard lest we drift away from it

Heb 3:6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence
    and the boast of our hope
    firm until the end.

Heb 3:12-14
    12 Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God.
    13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called ""Today,'' so that none of you will be hardened
    by the deceitfulness of sin.
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ,
    if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,

Heb 10:35-39
    35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
    36 For you have
    need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
    37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
    38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
    39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

1Cor 15:1-2
    1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received,
    in which also you stand,
    2 by which also you are
    saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
    Rom 11:22
    20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
    21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
    22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness,
    if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
    23And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Col 1:21-23
    22 He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death in order to PRESENT you before Him
    Holy and Blameless and beyond reproach
    23 IF INDEED you CONTINUE in the faith FIRMLY established and STEADFAST and NOT MOVED AWAY
    from the HOPE of the Gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven
    and of which I Paul was made a minister.

Rev 2:7,11,17,26 3:5, 12,21 Eternal life to
    'he who overcomes'.

Gal 6:7-9 Don't lose heart in doing good for reap et life IF we ..
    8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the
    Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will
    reap if we do not grow weary.

Mark 13:13 Belief + enduring to the END = SAVED
    Matthew 24:13 ""But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved."
    Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one
    who
    has endured to the end who will be saved."

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I do not have a problem with a single quote above just as long as they are interpeted in their context.

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I have no problems with any text above when they are interpeted in context and by context.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF our friend would do that, there are NO verses that support forfeiture of our eternal life in christ, for its the FREE gift of God!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see so you are pretty happy with this list of quotes -

2Peter 1:10-11
    8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true
    knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.
    10 Therefore, brethren,
    be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as
    you practice these things
    , you will never stumble;
    11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 Timothy 4:16
    Pay
    close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.

1Cor 9
    23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
    24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
    25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
    26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;
    I box in such a way, as not beating the air;
    27 but
    I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached (the Gospel) to others, I myself will not be disqualified

Phil 3
    7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish
    so that I may gain Christ,
    9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
    10 that I may know Him
    and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
    in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
    12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I
    press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
    13 Brethren, I
    do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
    14 I
    press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Now we are getting some place.

in Christ,

Bob

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

But, he has a problem with every one of my dozens of quotes.
    Mine are too short and to the point ... yours are nice and looooong!
    Gee, I wish I had room to post looooong quotes.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he agrees with the Apostle paul in regards to this issue of OSAS, why don't you agree with Paul and us?