1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Scholarly defense of our healthcare system

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Aug 4, 2009.

1. redwards

redwards New Member

from....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

Medicaid is the only taxpayer funded healthcare program available, is it not?

Although in our nation's capital, it seems publicly funded abortion is OK...
    http://www.lifenews.com/nat5221.html
    Don't mean to be off topic, but just felt the need to share that.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well since there is no substantive engagement with my points, I disagree. There will be balance. Look at how the current political drive for healthcare reform has moved from a progammatic version to a less clear system with many checks and balances.

Well those companies, imho, asked for it. When, as a company, you take money from the gov't the gov't gets to tell you what to do with it. These weak corporations should never have been given bailout with gov't money. There were plenty who didn't take it. This is separate from the OP but since you went there...Take GM and Ford. GM took money. Ford didn't. Ford's in amazing shape, GM shakey. You take money from the gov't you lose the ability to live completely unaccountable. But we should get back to the OP.

Well maybe over the past 75 years. We've started plenty of programs that we've let go away. How about the WPA, CWA, PWA, etc. There have been plenty of things begun that reached their goals and were disbanded.

Now how about we talk about issues directly related to my post. :smilewinkgrin:

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, and we've got other ways of doing this too. Like I said, I'm not fine with it.