1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Speech The President Should have Given

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 25, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.tv/netanyahu-slams-u-n-for-giving-ahmadinejad-forum-have-you-no-shame/

"The man who called the Holocaust a lie spoke at this podium. To those who refused to come and to those who left in protest, I commend you. You stood up for moral clarity and you brought honor to your countries. But to those who gave this Holocaust denier a hearing, I say on behalf of my people, the Jewish people, and decent people everywhere -- have you no shame? Have you no decency?"

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they have no shame. The United States should resign from the UN and kick the UN off of American soil.

3. alatide

alatide New Member

Why wasn't it more appropriate for the Israeli representative to give this speech?

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I'm not a UN fan by any means either. What Ahmadinejan spouted was absolutely unbelievable. Shameful indeed to give a man a world-stage to spout that kind of drivel.

5. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Maybe because it is not just a Jewish problem. Maybe because it was not a Polish problem. Maybe because it was not a German problem. Maybe because it was not a Chechezlovakian problem. Maybe it was not a Dutch problem. Maybe it was a problem that had to do with the hatred of a people.
    "Why wasn't it more appropriate for the Israeli representative to give this speech?"
    The question that is more important to a Christian is, "Why do you differentiate between what is right or wrong, wether it is a Jew or a Christian, on what should be happening to them? In other words, if something happens to some one, only someone of their race, creed, or religion should say something?
    Like I've said before....get off the computer little girl. It's past you're bed-time.

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Netanyahu is the Israeli prime minister. He gave the speech asking the supporters of Ahmadinejan if they had no shame.

7. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Whoa... I understood Alatide's question here. (I think) He was merely asking why we thought our president was the one that we say should have made the speech instead of the Israeli? Why are you all jumping all over Alatide for this question and calling him a little girl? Sheesh.

(Alatide may be the new identity of one of your old problem children, but that doesn't mean that we should just dismiss every single thing he/she says as being trollish. I don't agree with most of what Alatide spouts here on the boards, but I don't resort to name calling. Show some respect, have some manners, hmmm?)

When it comes to text and how you take it online, I was once given some very sage advice that I choose to live by: "If there are two ways to take something that's been said and one of those ways offends... the original poster meant it the OTHER way."

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, one person does not = you all or we. I was just pointing out that the right person (Netanyahu) did make the speech. I have not called anyone names, and I do not appreciate being lumped in with those that engage in such childish behavior. If you wish to take the offender to task for such behavior, then you can do so without accusing everybody else of being a part of it.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For once , I could have been proud of our president if he had stood in front of that body ruled by petty tyrants and murderous dictators and called them to task for their support of a genocidal maniacal regime like Iran.

Instead, he's still whimpering, apologizing, and appeasing.

Pitiful.