1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Step CLoser to Civil War?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mont974x4, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed..... there will be some career guys that will scream....but the hard liners would stand down.... I believe in my heart thats what General Peter Pace did rather than be a pawn for civilian politicians. Thanks Jason.

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I think conscience would demand it.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bradley Manning had an attack of conscience and look what happened to him.

#23 poncho, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your point is?

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I hope you don't expect me to agree with what he did and think it compares in anyway with what I am suggesting would happen if Obama fully turns on the US and tries to disarm us.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, I wouldn't expect you take sides with a whistleblower turning over incriminating evidence of murder. That's un - American. Besides that it's downright un-neighborly to show how much some military folks really enjoy killing people. I bet you hated "Full Metal Jacket" when it came out.

Tries to disarm us? What do you think he's doing now?

Something I've been wanting to ask. How many combat tours do you figure it takes to turn the average enlisted guy into "Animal Mother"? Of course we can't count all the guys that have committed suicide.

#26 poncho, Jan 5, 2013
  7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you guys do realize that these exchanges and transcripts are being monitored ?
    in fact, I heard that twitter has just submitted to the Library of Congress billions of tweets it had accumulated since its inception.
    This is dangerous talk. Civil War.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will not happen unless he is itching for a serious overthrow of the government. But what you Poncho are attempting (and I hope Im wrong) is to create fear.

May I ask you Poncho, have you ever served your country in the military?

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, the government and media create fear. I merely spread information the government and media has made you fearful of.

Yeah. I thought I was serving my country at the time. Come to find out years later I was really serving the NWO. Wish I had heard of Major General Smedley Butler before I enlisted.

War really is a racket.

#29 poncho, Jan 5, 2013
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the others but yeah I know they are.

Do you know why they are doing it?

To make us all paranoid and live in fear of Big Brother.

You can live like that if you want to but I won't.

#30 poncho, Jan 5, 2013
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    General Butler was a Standout Marine & a hero of mine in many ways...a man of great moral turpitude (& a coal miner :thumbs:). I know men in the military like him who have also built roads, hospitals, schools, infrastructure, communications lines etc in Flintstones like environments.

And if we ignored people like Hitler & TOJO where would we be today. But its good to see you dislike war & have made an attempt to do something about it....but we have to face down evil in many forms (from within & without). Fear not....the American military will not turn their weapons on their Mothers & Fathers, sisters & brothers.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho, I am not afraid of anything. Tune out the media & use your knoggen.

As FDR (the guy the General saved) once said.....the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.:smilewinkgrin:

so stay loose, keep your head (pray) & we will get through this ....maybe even create a better tomorrow......with Gods help of course.:thumbs:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got enough of them already! :smilewinkgrin:

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

IMO the UN or US troops that go against the American people will actually think they are upholding the Constitution, having no idea the ones giving the orders had already betrayed it.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In my experience, and people like Carpro have more, but the ones who have served can usually tell those who have not by the wording of their posts. There are no hard and fast rules, but the wording gives it away. Some signs of those who have not served are those most anxious to go to war, those that shout the loudest, or comments reflecting negatively on those who have served. Another sign, the way posts are written, if one really reads them, gives away whether someone is willing to serve and do things for others, or whether their perspective is all about themselves.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you need more, I can help in that area. Also, I will be glad to take over your monthly BB subscription fee.

17. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    almost always how it happens. trust me, seen it in me own old country.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I am not a fool as to believe that war is a thing of the past. I know the people do not want war, but there is no use in saying we cannot be pushed into another war.

Looking back, Woodrow Wilson was re-elected president in 1916 on a platform that he had "kept us out of war" and on the implied promise that he would "keep us out of war." Yet, five months later he asked Congress to declare war on Germany.

In that five-month interval the people had not been asked whether they had changed their minds. The 4,000,000 young men who put on uniforms and marched or sailed away were not asked whether they wanted to go forth to suffer and die.

Then what caused our government to change its mind so suddenly?

Money.

Know who said that? Major General Smedley Darlington Butler.

What's changed since then? Now we have perpetual warfare against an enemy we arm and support in one part the world while we fight against him in another part of the world!

It's an absolute win win situation for the bankers and war profiteers and an absolute lose lose situation for our troops, their families and the taxpayers who work to pay to arm and support the very same enemy we are fighting!

The "war on terror" is a self perpetuating money making machine for a handful of global elites that'll never end!

I wonder what Butler would say about this racket?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Woodrow Wilson was one of the greatest abusers of the Bills of Rights. There were people jailed for criticizing his policies publically. A similar situation, Lyndon Johnson won the 1964 election in a landslide because he was the peace candidate. It did not quite turn out that way.

20. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no intention of living in fear, been there, done that, and got tired of it.
    Just that all this talk of civil war is counter-productive in many ways.
    Poncho, we are Christians, you, I, and I trust most everybody on this board.
    Civil war is something we don't engage in, because the kingdom you and I belong to is not of this world, and the real King you and I are subjects of is not of this world, either.
    While it is right to feel disgust for what is going on around us (and I share that with you, as, I am sure, many on this board), the overthrow of a duly constituted government is just not supposed to be even in the backs of our mind.
    It is Scriptural to criticize those who wrongfully rule as in Obama's case (John the Baptist certainly withstood the king of his time face to face), and as humans there are times we might resort to name calling and all that, but to want civil war is something we should not even be part of.
    Stay away from that talk, brother.
    I appreciate your fervor and fire against injustice, but remember, again, this is a fallen world, and injustice has been part of it since Cain executed his own brother for envy.
    Cronyism, crony capitalism, globalism, fascism, nazism, communism, capitalism, by whatever else name it comes, all these are part of a fallen world of which we are in.
    Inevitably we are either partakers of it, or victims, but either way, we serve a King these systems do not, and in due time, all these will fall, and, to borrow a language of scripture, we shall see their carcases burning.
    Again, brother, keep calm and don't let your indignation get the better of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.