1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A sticky situation...

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by ScottEmerson, Sep 17, 2005.

1. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

NO, Scripture and the Pastor are the final authority of the church and no one else. Teachers can and will be wrong, thus you refer to scripture and the pastor. While teaching might be considered a minor position of authority, it is not on the level of scripture or the pastor of the church.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

And you just said that to a pastor ...

3. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Who appears to me to see the teachers in his Sunday School as having the same authority as he does. And because he is a pastor, he has every right and authority to do what ever he wants and follow as God leads him in his church. I simply disagree and enjoy the discussion of two opposite points of view. If I were to ever be a member of his church, I would fall under his authority to run the church and teach the church what God leads him to. As a member, I would be wrong to oppose him.

As a member of this board, we use this form as an opportunity to have discussion with each other to sharpen ourselves and grow. I have seen and read things, such as this topic that have caused me to really get into the meat of what I believe. I have actually changed a few points of view because what has been said has caused me to think and defend what I thought I knew.

Besides, I PM'ed him a few weeks ago to make sure that he understood that nothing I said was meant in a personal way or said disrespectfully. If he ever believes that I am or have been, then I expect a PM to let me know so that I can correct my transgression.

4. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Who appears to me to see the teachers in his Sunday School as having the same authority as he does. And because he is a pastor, he has every right and authority to do what ever he wants and follow as God leads him in his church. I simply disagree and enjoy the discussion of two opposite points of view. If I were to ever be a member of his church, I would fall under his authority to run the church and teach the church what God leads him to. As a member, I would be wrong to oppose him.

As a member of this board, we use this form as an opportunity to have discussion with each other to sharpen ourselves and grow. I have seen and read things, such as this topic that have caused me to really get into the meat of what I believe. I have actually changed a few points of view because what has been said has caused me to think and defend what I thought I knew.

Besides, I PM'ed him a few weeks ago to make sure that he understood that nothing I said was meant in a personal way or said disrespectfully. If he ever believes that I am or have been, then I expect a PM to let me know so that I can correct my transgression.

5. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Sorry 'bout the double post, computer issues or operator error, I'm not sure which.