1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A strike to your self-esteem

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 18, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We live in a feel good generation. A generation where men love themselves (2 Tim 3) a generation of relativism, pluralism, privatization, and a generation against reason and debate. Those whom are bold enough to confront others of their hell bound destiny and or to confront false prophets are looked down upon and their example is rejected rather than modeled. But the Puritans were not like this. Just was reading a Puritan and he sure does not care what anyone thinks of him but God. He will offend people and preach on Hell till you turn blue all in an effort to see you saved. God greatly blessed them and I just wish more on this board would read their books and follow their example. These guys give me fuel as I am about to go out witnessing and to preach a open air message on Hell and the total depravity of man. The general call is to all, but the special call is for the elect.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You are spot on brother. Good luck to you as you go out today. May many realize their sinful ways and repent!

Another avenue you may wish to evangelize is this very board.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God be with your efforts.

I'd just like an answer to my question: how does writing those letters fulfill the Great Commission?

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

How does posting on this forum and repeatedly asking the same question fulfill the Great Commission? Not everything we do for the Lord has to fulfill the Great Commission.

With that said, I think it is pretty obvious that if we are pointing out obstacles in people's lives that keep them from coming to Salvation we are fulfilling the Great Commission.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a little confused as to the title of this thread. Are you saying that your self-esteem has been struck here or that you are striking at what you perceive as self-esteem in others?

As for offense - the gospel is offensive all it's own holy nature. It's offensive in so many ways to those who don't believe - the confrontation against personal sin and rebellion against God - but as the Bible says, to those of us as Christians - we see it as the power of God to save.

Why then do you believe that Christians should be offensive to people until they have turned "blue in the face"?

I don't see that anywhere in the Bible.

I see confrontation and the truth being unashamedly spoken in forceful love.

But I don't see anywhere in the Bible a command to be obnoxious, rude, or constantly pestering people to death and brow-beating them with a constant bombardment of name calling that doesn't lead to repentance.

The gospel carries it's own offense - a powerfully effective offense.

Our own individual obnoxiousness and offense to others to the point of making them turn blue in the face or calling them names that are not true is pointless and in my opinion turns people away from God.

Others here are doing what God has called them to do in the manner that He has called them to do so. Why tell us that we have to evangelize YOUR way?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does writing those letters fulfill the Great Commission?

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rest of your self-esteem issues aside, I would just like to say that I would absolutely LOVE to be there to PERSONALLY have the opportunity to straighten you out on your poor book-learned soteriological theological reasoning above and also to OPENLY address your sad evangelical practices of proudly preaching predestined exclusion for most from having the ability to respond to “God’s call” in YOUR stereotypical less than transparent way.

…while informing your hearers about the fact that God’s call is a “genuine call” to all and offers “true” hope for every person. [​IMG]

Yup, I sincerely believe if I ever came across an open air preacher like you telling people in effect they were going to hell with no hope unless pre-chosen as elect the only blue face there would be YOURS, friend. [​IMG]

BTW, good post Scarlett! [​IMG] ...but I suspect he doesn't hear anything but what he wants to on ...most occasions. [​IMG]

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you of this generation?

As others have asked, and you refuse to answer, how does writing your letters to other churches fulfill the Great Commission?

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Matt. Boy I walked into a Bear Trap today. It was Zombie day in DT Denver and dozens and dozens of Zombies roaming the streets. I talked with a Wiccan whom attends this church (http://www.denverfirehouse.com/#/welcome) but is open to all beliefs (pluralism) but the positive was that she was open and took my tracts. I also bought a Subway Lunch for a homeless woman and she agreed to read my tracts and Gospel of John.

However regarding open air preaching the Zombies were very hot today. I had a Satanist get besides me and heckle me and tried to mimic my open open air preaching. I eventually had to leave that area and preached elsewhere. Lots of the zombies were photographing and video recording me and also interrupting and heckling me. Very opposed to the gospel today. Yet the zombies love death and Hell, so they took all my tracts on these subjects as many said they believed they were in hell and wanted to go to hell. Even the Chic Cartoon tracts went out like hotcakes as the Zombies love hell, the grim reaper, and such tracts that Chic Tracts does a good job at producing.

http://www.westword.com/events/denver-zombie-crawl-2014-3014135/
    http://www.9news.com/story/life/events/2014/10/18/living-dead-zombie-crawl/17498539/

#9 evangelist6589, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zombies? Odd...

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More like created one.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A good Calvinist believes in Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility. But regarding straightening me out you are too late as a Zombie or several zombies already tried that. One Zombie got besides me and tried to mimic my preaching.

15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

That "whom" throws me every time. It's hard to take anything you say seriously with you constantly misusing it.

But more to the point, you know I disagree with your methods, and I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about them. What I will ask though, is how in the world could you possibly know a random heckler was a Satanist?

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The horns poking through the top of his head, barely visiblle do to the guys hair cut?

As for Zombies .... well they are the fad right now. Most of our local malls and city chambers are holding "Zombie Walks" and "Zombie Scare Nights!" It is something you have to put up with if you go shopping in the business district or malls until Halloween. So say it's fun, to me, it's annoying, as these zombie dressed people like to get in your face and say, "Boo!"

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it interesting that Evang wants to send letters, call on the phone, see theses ministers in person, ect until they realize that Evang is right. He just wont give up. He is demanding an answer.

Yet, Evan gives the same NO RESPONSE to RevMitchell and others when he is called on the carpet. Lets see - Do as I say, not as I do.......

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing; and I've never made the claim that it does. John, on the other hand, has associated his letter-writing with his other efforts to reach the lost. Thus, I would like to see a clear explanation of how such letter-writing fulfills the Great Commission.

You'll note that since he's been back, I haven't posted a single derogatory thing towards him. I've only asked a single question. Why is it so hard to answer?

Tell that to John.

Really? Pray tell: what is the Great Commission?

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because I talked with him did you think of that???????

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You know I met two people yesterday whom saw nothing wrong with Joel Osteen. After we chatted and I tried to persuade them about him I left them both a gospel tract on True & False conversions and these tracts are intended for false converts and have been useful as I have sent many to the false churches. I personally could not say if the couple were both false converts but I did not throw out the possibility.