1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a thread for Calvinists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ashleysdad, May 28, 2009.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

:laugh:.. If anything, THAT will definately do it.
    No problem :thumbs:

2. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Sorry Allan, but I took the "write it or copy it remark" as sort of a dig at OR's pos

As far as the OP..... keep studying and asking questions. Sounds like you are doin just fine....

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

blackbird (in the voice of Darth Vadar)

"Join MEEEEEEEEEEE, LUKE in the Republican Party----and together we will do away with this SITH(Democratic Party) and once again----we will rule the Galax-eeeeeeeeeee!"

Everything is cool, OR!!!! Have a good day!!!!

Blackbird

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why don't you join something worthwhile, like an organization that will get rid of both of them?

5. RAdam

RAdam New Member

The problem is with the labels Arminian and Calvinist. There are a lot of differing views within each of these camps. And here's a good question: how would you define an arminian or a calvinist?

I would not define myself as a calvinist but as a believer in the free grace of God in the salvation of His people without merit or instrumentality on their part. One might call me calvinistic, but really that covers a lot of ground and I really desire not to be labelled as such.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree. I believe in the Doctrines of Grace, however, I am not a Calvinist because he held some doctrines that I reject, such as infant Baptism.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are plenty of Calvinists who reject infant Baptism, yet they are still Calvinists in soteriology. People are not Calvinists because they follow John Calvin in all particulars. They follow the teachings of the Bible. Using the nomenclature of "Calvinist" is a handy nickname. Most who call themselves "Biblicists" are actually Arminian in their theology. But they don't dare use the term Arminian because it conjures up the term "heretic" also.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Spurgeon called Calvinism a nickname for the Biblical Doctrines of Grace. However, I believe that term conjures up as much bias as Arminianism.