1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a true church???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by stubbornboy, Oct 12, 2005.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

guys check this one out and please comment on this

a true church

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Fruitcake. Or a parody a la Landover Baptist Church. Either way, yet another bunch about whom I have to say to people "Yes I am a Christian, but not like them."

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Interesting, while I would be the first to say that Christianity over the years as been emasculated, this is a overboard.

Well I clicked first on the Salvation link, but found nothing on salvation saw lots of rules and rants. Nevermind you had to dig through a couple of links.

My guess is their congregation is very,very small or full of hypocrits.

They are not consistant at one point they espouse double predestination.

Interesting they believe in polygamy. I noticed they did not ever mention the Pastoral Letters. Granted those are directly involving the Pastoral office, but they have formed the basis for the tradition of monogamy.

Well at least the Lutheran's didn't make their false churches list [​IMG]

They are obviously unschooled in history because officially the RCC as we know it did not start until the Council of Trent.

I am not a big fan of PDL but even I wouldn't say that Pr Warren denies the Holy Spirit. Besides we are encouraged to bear one another's burdens. Oh wait I forgot real Christians don't sin.

This group is messed up. I don't think I would call them a cult, they strike me more as ultra-hyper super fundies.

4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I agree about the inconsistency. On their SoF page they come across as being determinist, and yet accuse Fred Phelps of being a false prophet on account of his Calvinism. (But he's not a false prophet on account of his extreme hatred. So that's alright then.)

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Excellent.

What an interesting list of people they don't like.

Jesus caused 9-11. Hmm... I wonder how they figure that then.

Almost good enough to be a spoof.

Not only are coptic orthodox christians going to hell, but so are March for Jesus. And also polygamy is ok.

Fantastic.

What a party.

6. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

I believe it is a parody.

7. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I don't think this is a parody, I think these people are sincere.

8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Oh, and the American Revolution was a rebellion against God, and the colonists should have remained loyal to Britain and her king. If we have to have the Americans back, could we lose the fundamentalist nutcases halfway across the pond please?

9. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I was thinking we could bring the Concord back and ship them express mail.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

When you say 'people' I think you may mean 'person'; these sites tend to turn out to be one-man(and it almost always is a man)-bands in practice. So I suspect this is just another individual who will be mightily horrified to learn that he isn't the only person in Heaven and consequently with any luck he won't enjoy eternity at all... :D

11. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

I've seen this before.

Absolute garbage!

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Likewise. Total garbage.

13. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

wow this people hates the following preachers.they almost hate every one on their site

14. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of their members used to post on here!
    It is one-upmanship run completely out of control. So they are Calvinist, but still reject those called Calvinists over "limited Atonement".
    IT basically stems from a guy who came out from under Biblical Discernment Ministries (a hyper fundie ministry that condemns everyone, often over "psychologizing" and "separation", and also happens to be Calvinist), and decided that this group was itself false because it still accepted "false teachers" (everyone) as being saved.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe there is the True Church of Christ. It is a faulty Church. The false church will boast it is perfect.
    I believe the True Church of Christ is visible in its invisibility - it exists a spiritual Body of Christ's within the Congregational Body of Christ's.
    I believe this True Church to exist in the world in the membership chiefly of the Reformed Protestant Churches.
    I believe this Church believe in God Tri-Une; in Jesus Lord and God, the Son of God; and in the Holy Spirit. This Church, I believe, holds the Scriptures the highest and only authority ultimately in matters of faith and conduct.
    This Church - therefore - I believe, excludes the Roman Catholic Church who not only rejects the faith of the Trinity, but adds worship of Mary; who also rejects the Scriptures only, and adds tradition and the pope and the church for authority.