A Typical EC-B Order of Service

Discussion in 'Missions / Witnessing / eVangelism' started by Squire Robertsson, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following is the standard order of service for the Evangelical Christian-Baptists of the former Soviet Union.

Traditionally, Evangelical Christian- Baptists follow what we in the States would think of as a Plymouth Brethren style of service.

A typical Sunday (morning or evening) service goes something like this:

• <LI>the Pastor or his designee calls the service to order and gives the Invocation.<LI>a choir number<LI>congregational hymn<LI>the first preacher (the Pastor or the man in charge of the service has previously designated which of the preachers in the church will be speaking at a given service and in what order &lt;Nezavisimaya has +/-12 preachers&gt; ) speaks usually for 10-15 minutes. This message is usually a Call to Worship or Prayer<LI>congregational prayer (three maybe four men or women lead in prayer from their places in the meeting hall, with the preacher closing). This is a time of Thanksgiving for the God’s provision in the last week. The preacher closes with a prayer for God’s blessing on the coming service.<LI>congregational hymn<LI>a senior choir number or<LI>a children's choir or<LI>a recitation of Christian poetry by an individual or group<LI>the second preacher speaks (see d. above). This preacher brings a strong Bible Message for 20-25 minutes.<LI> repeat f-i.<LI>the third preacher speaks (usually at Nezavisimaya this is Pastor Minnikov). This man ties the two previous speakers together. (And he may launch off on his own message.)<LI>see e. above <LI>congregational hymn and offering<LI>greetings from various churches (If you got a call from your brother Mischa in Fergena/Seattle/Salt Lake City/Kiev/Moscow ect. last week, this is the time to say that the brethren in Fergena/... sends their greeting <LI>prayer requests are taken and final prayer two+ hours later.

[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: The Squire ]

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Squire;

Thank you very much for your post. I have been to Western Ukraine to help with churches there, and this seems similar to the services there.

I appreciate your insight to their services, though I know Ukraine is no longer a part of the Soviet Union.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Exercising Moderator's priviledge and bringing this thread up to the top. I would add this a good model for a small church or one that has many new Believers. It give everyone that wants to an opportunity to participate in the service.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Just bumping up this blast from the past.