1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Typical EC-B Order of Service

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Squire Robertsson, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following is the standard order of service for the Evangelical Christian-Baptists of the former Soviet Union.

Traditionally, Evangelical Christian- Baptists follow what we in the States would think of as a Plymouth Brethren style of service.

A typical Sunday (morning or evening) service goes something like this:

• <LI>the Pastor or his designee calls the service to order and gives the Invocation.<LI>a choir number<LI>congregational hymn<LI>the first preacher (the Pastor or the man in charge of the service has previously designated which of the preachers in the church will be speaking at a given service and in what order &lt;Nezavisimaya has +/-12 preachers&gt; ) speaks usually for 10-15 minutes. This message is usually a Call to Worship or Prayer<LI>congregational prayer (three maybe four men or women lead in prayer from their places in the meeting hall, with the preacher closing). This is a time of Thanksgiving for the God’s provision in the last week. The preacher closes with a prayer for God’s blessing on the coming service.<LI>congregational hymn<LI>a senior choir number or<LI>a children's choir or<LI>a recitation of Christian poetry by an individual or group<LI>the second preacher speaks (see d. above). This preacher brings a strong Bible Message for 20-25 minutes.<LI> repeat f-i.<LI>the third preacher speaks (usually at Nezavisimaya this is Pastor Minnikov). This man ties the two previous speakers together. (And he may launch off on his own message.)<LI>see e. above <LI>congregational hymn and offering<LI>greetings from various churches (If you got a call from your brother Mischa in Fergena/Seattle/Salt Lake City/Kiev/Moscow ect. last week, this is the time to say that the brethren in Fergena/... sends their greeting <LI>prayer requests are taken and final prayer two+ hours later.

[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: The Squire ]

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Squire;

Thank you very much for your post. I have been to Western Ukraine to help with churches there, and this seems similar to the services there.

I appreciate your insight to their services, though I know Ukraine is no longer a part of the Soviet Union.

3. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exercising Moderator's priviledge and bringing this thread up to the top. I would add this a good model for a small church or one that has many new Believers. It give everyone that wants to an opportunity to participate in the service.

4. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just bumping up this blast from the past.