1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Verdict That Demands Evidence

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Aaron, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Can someone please tell me what's eveil about the following songs:

I Just Can't Wait to be King - Elton John
    Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
    Maybe I'm Amazed - The Beatles
    Soak Up the Sun - Cheryl Crowe
    Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
    Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles
    Heard It Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye

I fail to see the sinfulness in these.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John,

I, too, would be interested in seeing how the pro CCM folks would respond to that. [​IMG]

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Talking lion. The Bible says that the Devil is a lion walking the Earth, seeking who, he may devour.

Therefore, the song is Satanic.

"I was born in a dead man's town". This obviously refers to Hell. Therefore, the song is Satanic.

Paul McCartney let Linda McCartney sing on this record. Clearly he was under demonic influence.

"I've got a crummy job/ It don't pay near enough". In addition to poor grammar, this is in violation of Paul's admonition to slaves to submit to their masters. Therefore, this song is Satanic.

"Sunshine"? Oh, is that what they're calling it now? This is an obvious drug referrence.

This song is an invitation for our children to worship the Egyptian gods, Horus and Ra. Therefore, it is Satanic.

The Bible expressly forbids gossip. Therefore, this song is Satanic.

Well, obviously, you just don't have discernment like we do. Away with you, pagan!

How'd I do? ;)

[ March 12, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

4. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I would be interested to know what sin you charge pro CCM folks with. If only you had enough confidence in your beliefs and courage from your convictions to do so.

5. er1001

er1001 New Member

Boy Travelsong you're sure a spunky scrapper!!!!!!,although we would disagree on much of the music you listen to, and think you would be unwise to promote many of these styles,especially to young believers.Remember Paul admonishes us to be careful even if we have LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!
    As i said in a reply to one of your posts "what is my sin" I have been a member of a very strict fundamental church in the past and now my church is considered to be ultra right by most.However I have found that some of the cold bloodedest and opinionated people dwell there.Young pastors and christians who are considered shallow in their walk with God can be handed their head in a basket from time to time.
    I'm a Canadian and boy I wish I had some of that Liberty you guys have "A" [​IMG] keep your chin up so they can get a better crack at it [​IMG] ER
    PS easy on us CCM fans up here Ya'hear

6. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

It's the most simple and direct question a person can ask when accused of wrong er1001.

Take a look at how Aaron had to shut my thread down just to avoid it. He couldn't stand letting it runs it's course because of the inevitable outcome-his whole legalist doctrine comes tumbling down.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Mike McK, the only words I can come up with are BWAAAHHAHHAAAAA and ROTFLMBO!!!! [​IMG]