1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Very Short History Of Tasing In The USA.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Sep 23, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#1 poncho, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Who feels that overboard police actions are acceptable? I don't konw of any one. I do know that quite often what is seen on websites like this is only half true ... which means it resembles much of what you say, Poncho.

Knowing policemen personally, and having talked to them about their work, including tazer guns that they carry on their belt, that vast majority are not like this website even if it were completely true. They are trained to protect the citizenry and catch lawbreakers.

3. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

What did poncho say to deserve that kind of rebuke?

:confused:

From his perspective "this being okay" might simply mean a minimul amount of natioal protest or uproar. Chill dude...

#3 Ivon Denosovich, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I believe you will find that Pastor Larry has some, shall we say, issues with Poncho. All you have to do is look back at the interchanges between them in the past. Pastor Larry criticizes almost every posting, position, or source from Poncho. I don't find this a problem, we all have the right to disagree with each other. The thing I do find disturbing is the condescending manner in which Pastor Larry expresses these views, but a person is free to act superior if they want to.

5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Well I think some of the incidences have some merit as to how far the Police go with using excessive force. It is fair to say that if you resist the orders of a Police Officer that you will put yourself at risk for a taser. Don't prolong the confrontation , courts are made for handling disputes.

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

It was a comment on Poncho's conspiratorial theories about virtually everything that goes on. And nothing I have said is in the least condescending, nor have I said it in a condescending way. I have simply taken issue with the non-stop conspiracy theories, and with the manner of "proof" that Poncho provides.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Seems like well over half of these incidents and assaults on police officers involve female officers. This is probably caused by the reduction of physical size standards.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Looks like the tazer has replaced reasoning in the arsenal of police negotiations. They tell you to stand up and if you refuse they taze you. I recall the sit in’s during the Vietnam error. I’m glad they didn’t resort to the tazer during all those peaceful protest.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I am sure there is some amount of police brutality out there. Out of all the police officers in the country the amount of them that do such things is quite small. And those officers who abuse with the tazer will abuse with any method made available to them. The tazer isn't the problem. Abusive officers are.

But there is a strong effort in this country to work to remove any method, tool or tactic used by any authority to encourage compliance with the laws. Mostly by anarchists who walk through life with a rebellious spirit to any authority.

Failure to comply to a legal command from a law enforcement officer is a big deal. And should be treated as such. Our officers deserve more respect than this. Every situation where noncompliance is involved is a potential life threatening situation. The officer never knows who will make an attempt to kill him or her. And someone acting like a "peaceful protester" is no different. They need our support as they walk the streets protecting our lives.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Tell me something I don't know PL, half my family are cops and yes I do talk with them. The older police officers were indeed trained to protect the citizenry and catch law breakers. But that's back when the government still had a modicum of respect for the people's rights and privacy. All that's been replaced by the never ending quest for big brother nanny police state control over everything.

It's not what I said or say but rather because I've done my homework on the NWO and he hasn't.

This does strike me as strange coming from a person who has repeatedly admitted to not having any interest in such subjects and in fact finds them dull and boring. His lack of interest and apparently the lack of a good working knowledge of those subjects has yet to keep him from trying to constantly restrain me and or "correct" me ...a person who has probably spent more time researching them than everyone else on this board put together.

But, It's fully expected now and I'm learning to live with it.

Apparently it's easier and more fun for him to turn all my threads and or comments/opinons into jousting matches than to discuss the topics at hand. But it's alright, he's alright, we're all alright. :1_grouphug:

#10 poncho, Sep 23, 2007
  11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

But much of it seems plainly false research. Research poorly is not adequate. Believe whatever you want, but don't expect it to go unchallenged.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No surprise on my part that it would seem to be false research to someone who hasn't bothered to research it. Some of it even sounds outlandish to me but I have to go with substance rather than hype and internationalist "patriotic" propaganda. I'm funny like that I reckon.

But anyway, I wanted to post this video. This was from a time before tasers.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

It would be nice if the good Pastor Larry would show enough consideration for other posters as to argue the merit of opinions and reports with oppossing views that goes beyond his own comments that require zero amount of thought.
    On another note, Poncho, your post on Police brutality did you believe that Prison Planets report on the subject was without some flaw?

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I was referring to your research in general, not this specific occasion. You seem like one I call an "opinion shopper." You decide what you want to believe and then go in search of someone who agrees with you.

Substance? A few isolated videos are substance about what is normal in police action? I don't even think you believe that. And it doesn't go unnoticed that you again subtly question the patriotism of those who disagree. I don't like police brutality at all. But the OP suggested way more than what is apparent in reality.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

well said.:thumbs:

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Imagine that.

17. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

If ya'll are through na-naing at each other, how bout we get back to the subject?

I like and agree with 2 Timothy's post and am reposting it.

Anyone care to discuss the subject?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never even had a traffic ticket[knock on wood(head)]. When does a legal command become bullying? Ever?

#18 KenH, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Legal constitutional commands can rarely become bullying. And resisting to such is never justified.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if one day the police come into your church building and demand that you shut down and leave?