1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A Very Simple Test - Rom. 9

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I've interacted with that text on this forum no less that a dozen times...2 or 3 in the last week or so.

Ok, and I don't consider you interpretation pertinent to the text either...conversation over.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Wow. It always goes this route; bannings, warnings, 'you've hit ignore', 'conversation over', judged motives, turns personal, reception of a post that personally insults another's character only after taking the one who made said post to task over his position and points, not his persona so much.

It's funny how dismantling of ones position is actually called mud slinging to said and is met with an 'you're on ignore' coupled with a personal assault of character. Yet somehow when this is employed by him it isn't possibly 'personal'. :laugh:

Same day same ending when in dialogue with this mod. If you can't stand the heat or being thoroughly rebutted without turning it personal & going the thin-skinned route, stay out of the kitchen. :thumbs:

#82 preacher4truth, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Clearly Paul is making the Arminian case here - because Paul is defending God's right to endure with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath

22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Worse than this - for Calvinism - is the "reason" Paul says God is using to show mercy and longsuffering to vessels of wrath prepared for destruction.

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy,

What the Calvinist argument ignores is "why" this action of "enduring with much long suffering the vessels of wrath" produces the result of "making known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy"

Why wouldn't it please a Calvinist God to simply ignore the vessels of wrath -- and why is it that the vessels of mercy would see the act of God in "enduring with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath" as a sign or evidence of "the riches of God's glory" being made known?

Why is it that with complete foreknowledge - God "endures with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath"??

That is what Paul is defending in Romans 9.

The very opposite point that Calvinism would have in Romans 9.

in Christ,

Bob

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

twad·dle
    ˈtwädl/Submit
    informal
    noun
    trivial or foolish speech or writing; nonsense.
    "he dismissed the novel as self-indulgent twaddle"
    verbarchaic
    talk or write in a trivial or foolish way.
    "what is that old fellow twaddling about?"

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it's not about the "system." It's about the truth. It's as Paul said, But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. [1Cr 15:10 KJV]

I cleanse, yet not I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.