1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A very special friend

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Speedpass, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little more than a year ago, I became very close to a wonderful Christian woman I met on this forum. She has prayed for me through all the ordeals I have encountered--especially after the tornado I went through in May. We have been IM-ing each other alot the past 2 weeks, and I have even told her that I love her very much. She has told me that she also loves me very much. She wants us to pray about our relationship, that God would be at the center of it and that we would both be sensitive to His leadership and desires.

Jumping in His joy,
    Jimmy

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know you're not asking for any advice but I've never been stingy with mine so here goes.

Put it in Park and both of you go talk with your respective pastor about this relationship. If either of you were a member of my church I'd sure appreciate that and think more highly of you if you did just that.

Sincerely,

Jim S.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jimmy - we can't put God in a box and say that He could not have opened this special relationship via the BB for you.

But as a veteran pastor, I've seen the rise (and fall) of this type of relationship. There is no substitute for long, sustained face-to-face contact to truly get to know a person.

Emails, pen-pal letters, etc make only part of our humanity transparent. A true loving relationship takes full attention to develop. And time.

I will pray for you (and who's the lady?). Consider this the "first step", but not the final step in discerning the course of the rest of your life.

Have some other thoughts, but will share them only if you pm me and so desire.

4. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So much for the warm fuzzies :( :mad: [​IMG]

This woman sent me a series of IM's this morning. She feels for one that she is too old for me--and that I don't need a woman who is both a mother and grandmother. I am hurt and betrayed, and wondering why I am going through so much purgatory in my life right now. I lose another woman, right on the heels of me losing a job due to health reasons(and my family kinda being upset at me for that).

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

One day, Brother Jimmy---you're gonna look back behind you into your past---and the Lord Jesus Christ is going to allow you to compare your past to what He has given you in the present--and also to what He has in store for your future and when you compare your past to your present living in His will, obeying His commands, resting on His word---your prayer is gonna be something like:

OHHHHHHH, THANK YOU, SWEET JESUS! Ohhhhhhh, how I praise your name! You're the greatest, Jesus! Ohhhhh, how I thank you that that didn't happen the way I wanted it to---but it happened the way YOU wanted it to!!! If I would have pursued what I wanted---I probably wouldn't be in your will right now!! You're the greatest, King Jesus! I'm glad YOU are center of my life, and not me!!

Thank you, Jesus!
    Thank you, Jesus!

Your buddy,
    Blackbird

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Jimmy, this woman must care very much for you as a dear friend to be so honest! Good for her. Also Jimmy, after what you've been going through, it might be that mother/ grandmother portion of her that makes you feel so safe sharing with her (and 'in love' with her). There's a big difference between that and true love. I'm very glad this lady was truthful with you and has been able to help you over the years. I'm sure this was very hard for her to say.

Diane

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.

I would stay away from those IM relationships. It is easy to get caught up in the attention, but, it ain't reality.

I know it is hard to find and keep good intimate friends who are living breathing human beings, not filtered through a computer, but get out there. Go to lunch with people. Develop a group. It takes time, but it can be done.

8. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll go ahead and spill the beans. The woman I was attracted to was Sherrie--a former BB regular. I am still hurt over what she told me three days ago, but I have too much other things going on to let it depress me.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Continuing to pray for you, Jimmy. May God make His plan an open book for you!

10. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Jimmy, I had a feeling that's who you meant.

I'm sorry that you got hurt. Just know that you deserve to be loved as much as you love a person. Don't sell yourself short and settle for anything less than that. ;)

11. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I have to say is that I have caused irreconcilable damage with a woman I thought was my friend. I did not mean to hurt anyone by my actions, but she is extremely angry at me and will not listen to my reason. Why did I talk myself into this mess? I didn't mean to hurt anyone.