1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A.W. Tozer on the JSOC and Outer Darkness

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BrianReimer, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Yes actually I did. Aionios in this context is speaking of the 1,000-year reign of Christ. But I know you don't believe in it, so no need to remind me.

Not sure how much support you are going to get equating Matthew 25 is a picture of the GWT judgment from even those that disagree with me. The GWT is AFTER the kingdom of Christ. This judgment is taking place BEFORE the kingdom even begins.

Well at least we agree on something :).

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

LOL!! You can say it's "not", but is there some OTHER everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels? According to you, Christians only spend 1,000 years there, but it's still the one prepared for the devil.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here is the quote of Hog that said:
    FAITH IS WORKS

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

. Tell me, npetreley, Are the Lake of fire and Eternal fire of Matt. 25 the same place or are they different?

5. Run2Win

Run2Win New Member

You my friend as well as us all should be careful. Please reread this whole passage and do tell where Lake of Fire is mentioned or hell. I see neither one. If you study the JSOC 1 Corinthians 3 & 2 Corinthians 5., you will not see either mentioned or even allueded to. This is not the JSOC.

In Revelation 20 you will see that Satan is loosed after the 1000 years for a season before the Lake of Fire is evev mentioned. So you are going to have to explain how the passage in Matthew is dealing with either judgement that you are equating it to.

Notice all will be saved at the JSOC though as by fire. Pleas present some scripture to back up your accusations about this. Concerning OSAS I suggest that you spend a lot of time in the Old Testament studying the Passover Lamb in relation to Israel. Remember you cant form N.T doctrine w/o O.T. verification

Ro 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance
    Please study the context of this passage.

In Matthew it says outer darkness: Mt 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, anything goes with the MEers, but I don't see how they could be different. Isn't the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels also the same lake of fire where God sends the devil and his angels? I feel silly even asking that.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Maybe the devil and his angels are going to be in eternal fire for a 1000yrs and then move to the lake of fire. Have you thought about that?

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

No, I can't say I've thought about that. But I'll give it some thought now. Okay, I'm done. ;)

9. Run2Win

Run2Win New Member

I have no partners here. I think that if you ask him what he meant he'd probably clarify it for us all. Now can you respond to any other part of my post since you have not seen me say that? Do the passages I qouted contridict one another or do you see where I am coming from w/ them. Now this may take a little more time to formulate than some witty insult, but I believe you can do it friend!

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Is this what we have been encouraged to believe? The thought of it is preposterous.

2. I'm impress with how your mind works. That was lightning fast.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

HoG:

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, {it is} the gift of God;

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Are you sure that that is an accurate quote? If it is, I cannot believe someone who calls himself a Christian, a true child of God would say such a thing.

2. Let's hope that you have misquoted him.

13. Run2Win

Run2Win New Member

[
    [/QUOTE]

Re 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    Re 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

14. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yes, it is an accurate quote. Keep in mind that, for HoG, "faith" means different things depending on the context. It means whatever it has to mean in order to make ME right.

15. Run2Win

Run2Win New Member

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Does not say that the devil is there, only that it was prepared for him and his angels. Please give us your insight.

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Using your quotes...

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Can you not see the connection?

Jumpikins is saying Christians end up in that lake of fire for 1,000 years.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rev 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sorry, Np beat me to it.

Jumpikins? :laugh:

19. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I want to tell you,

Many believe fallen angels and satan are now dwell in hell. There is no proof find anywhere in Bible.

Wait a minute, how about Jude 6: "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." ?

Notice this doesn't saying they are already IN hell now. It tells us, they are already "reserved" them for their future everlasting chains under darkeness unto the judgment of the great day. That means they are already appointed for ther future eternity punishment in the lake of fire at the great white throne.

Satan and his fallen angels are now everywhere in the air over earth tempting people. When Christ comes with his angels, all fallen angels and Satan shall be cast away into the lake of fire.

There is not a single hint find anywhere in the Bible saying that Satan and fallen angels shall be cast in hell for 1000 years. Wait a minute, what about Rev. 19:20- "And the beast was taken, and with him the flase prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast into a LAKE OF FIRE burning with brimstone. "?

Does this saying that they shall be finally released out of the lake of fire after 1000 years? None.

Also, what about Rev. 20:10: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tornmented day and night for ever and ever."?

Premills believe only two persons - beast and false prophet shall be cast away in the lake of fire at second coming for 1000 years. But Satan(devil) is separated from them, as he shall be cast in the bottomless of pit with chained for 1000 years.

We have to be careful when we read and intepreting.

Understand Satan(devil), beast, and false prophet all are pictured as 'trinity' coped trinity of God - Rev. 16:13-14 with 1 John 5:7-8.

Rev. 20:10 doesn't mean that the beast and the false prophet is already in the lake of fire prior Satan shall be cast away into it. This is speak of three in one as trinity of satan shall be cast away into the lake of fire at once.

Also, Satan was chained and cast into the bottomless of pit for 1000 yeasr, it is not literal and physical, it speaks of figurative & symbolic of spiritual meaning. It speaks of Satan's power is now limited and restrained by God, that he cannot deceive nations, because Christ have the keys of death and hell at His resurrection (Rev. 1:18), He have power to give authority to Church, so, the church can spreading the gospel over the world (Matt. 16:18-19). 2 Thess. 2:6-8 telling us, right now, Satan is now being holding back by God, show that, he is limited and being restrain, while God allows Church to spreading the gospel to the world. When the apostasy become worsen, then time will come arrive, let Satan to be loosed out of the midst and then to revealed(2 Thess. 2:3-8).

I know Satan is still alive and he is dangerous, he is the prince of the air, he is anywhere over earth tempting people right now. He is NOT yet in the lake of fire. Beast, false prophet,devil, all three in one is still around anywhere over the earth. They are not yet in lake of fire. When Christ comes with angels, they shall be cast away in the lake of fire and stay there forever and ever, not just for only 1000 years. Also, there is no hint in Bible telling us, that they will be finally released out of the lake of fire beyond judgment day.

Therefore, there is no purgatory in the Bible.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

20. Run2Win

Run2Win New Member

[
    [/QUOTE]

I see the connection by you mixing the verses that I put in 2 different posts. I did this for a reason- b/c I have studied God's judgements and if you mix these passages together you get Matthew 25 talking about the GWT which you have already shown that you have not even looked into. Please study this out for yourself so that your comments will be relevant in this area. BTW, as a personal favor, would you please stop refering to other people in your responses to me. What he said is irrelevent to me. I've said no such thing nor am I implying this. Christians are the servants mentioned before this judging of nations begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.