1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A.W. Tozer on the JSOC and Outer Darkness

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BrianReimer, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accountable

Accountable New Member

????? Where did I use the terminology "Lake of Fire?"

Anyway, How does someone suffer a "loss" if he nevered "earned anything to loss? In maes no contextual sense. Humbly I ask: to your theology, once saved, I can live however I want after salvation, commit adultry, lie, curse, etc. and still have a place in the Kingdom? I haven't found one verse to back this up.
    Just asking.

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The whole verse reads...

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

No condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus and who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit. Thus, if you are washed in the blood of the lamb, praise God...eternal salvation. However, if you believe in Jesus Christ and you are walking after the flesh and fornicating, or being an idolater or being covetous or a drunkard, know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor 6:9)?

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Matthew 25, which is supposedly an ME passage, refers to the fire prepared for the devil and his angels. You may want to disown the passage, but the passage will not disown the reference, and MEers seem to use this passage all the time.

In sharp contrast, I have never said anything about Christians living a life of adultery, and you can't connect it to any passage I've cited. So you're the one who is making the wrong connections.

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Right. The difference between those who walk after the flesh and walk after the Spirit is the difference between the unsaved and the saved. That's what this passage is saying. It is contrasting the saved (those who are in Christ Jesus) to the unsaved. There is no condemnation for the saved. The description "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" is a description of the saved, those who are in Christ Jesus.

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Christians don't fornicate, Christians don't commit adultery, Christians don't get drunk?

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I don't know. What does this have to do with the passage? Do you understand the difference between walking after the flesh and commiting a sin? If not, study the Bible some more.

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Thank you brother. Studying the Bible more can never be bad counsel.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You should know that the devil and his angels don't go to the lake of fire until after the millennium, just like everyone else. The only people in scripture who go to the lake of fire before the end of the millennium are the beast and the false prophet. The fire prepared for the devil and his angels that it refers to is the fire in hell where the devil will be bound for the thousand years.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Who cares if the devil doesn't go there until later? It's the same place, isn't it? It can't be some other place, because it's the place prepared for the devil AND HIS ANGELS. Not just for the devil, as you say. It also says eternal, not a fire that lasts 1,000 years. Oh, that's right, "eternal" to you means 1,000 years. Okay. Enjoy your little world of deceptions.

10. Accountable

Accountable New Member

This is the largest stretch I have seen. I may be wrong and forgive me if I am, but I thought you believed that salvation was by grace. Is this not your stance?

Now I see the stance of a Lordship salvationist who taes away from the finished work of Christ for spiritual salvation and casts stipulations for being saved. So is a saved person required to walk after the spirit to be saved?

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Who cares? I don't know. But I do know that these folks are being sent there before the end of the millennium, so it can't hardly be the lake of fire.

12. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Again, who said anything about believers in the lake of fire? This text certainly does not.

What you have shown me through your blogs is that
    1. Your have an angry tone.
    2. You possibly believe that all born from above are okay at the JSOC regardless of actions after salvation. OR
    3. You believe that Those born from above live perfect lives without any faults.

Am I wrong?

One thing I have noticed about the majority of the ME crowd is that they usualy spea and answer with respect.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I have noticed that as well (though I am imperfect in this regard). I suspect it is a result of fearing the following.

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." - Matthew 12:36

14. npetreley

npetreley New Member

What is the point of nitpicking whether it is the lake of fire or just eternal fire? Fire is fire, and this particular fire is prepared for the devil and his angels. I think it's obvious that it's the lake of fire, but who cares? You are just using a diversionary tactic here.

Very wrong.

Great! So ME folks spout their heresy politely. They better, or else they're in danger of 1,000 years of fire. I need not worry about such things, so I defend grace with a passion. And I don't care if you like my tone or not.

Paul, in defending grace, suggested that opponents of grace cut themselves off (castrate themselves). If you prefer, I can take a more Biblical approach to rebuking this doctrine and suggest you go castrate yourselves.

#94 npetreley, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Fire is fire, huh? You can't tell the difference between the lake of fire and hell? Hell is temporary. Just because God says there is eternal fire in hell, that doesn't mean God can't dispose of it when He is done with it.

16. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Okay, for your benefit, let's just call it the same fire where the devil is bound for 1,000 years (even if this contradicts scripture saying that it's not just for the devil, but prepared for the devil AND HIS ANGELS). Great, so where does that leave ME? Same place, as far as I'm concerned. You're sending Christians into a fire where the devil is bound, and both will inhabit this same place for 1,000 years.

Oh, and just so you can't say I have an unbiblical angry spirit, go castrate yourself.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Luke 12:46
    46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

18. Accountable

Accountable New Member

npetrely, You said I am wrong for my thoughts concerning your blogs.
    You have disregarded simple scripture. Where are we to go? You say you believe in Grace Salvation yet you won't admit that many christians are unfaithful to the Lord and even commit horrible works.
    Let us remove our heads from the sand and see what we are dealing with hear.

19. Accountable

Accountable New Member

???????????????????????????????????????
    I have yet to meet a ME believer who doesn't defend grace to the fullest. Where do you get these thoughts. Also might I add that ME believers have a deep love for grace.
    Where are you getting these ideas?

20. skypair

skypair Active Member

That wasn't "rage," dear -- that was "I get it!"

Wow! I said all that?? And Brian said he appreciated by tone. Well, I'd have to say that maybe YOU got it all wrong.

But are you postrib? Cause that is where the Mt 25:13-46 judgment that you allude to falls in prophecy.

skypair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.