1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A.W. Tozer's Mystical Influences: Julian of Norwich

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Mar 22, 2012.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent idea. Here is one passage that He said:

"I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." 2 Tim 4:2-5

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems a lot of Baptists read Tozer.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont even know who he is....never heard of him.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I have a couple of his books. They read like a devotional. They're not totally sound doctrinally as in some places it gets a little wishy washy. I can honestly say his books haven't been of the sort you cannot put down. But the fact he is an arminian, I understand.

I wonder if he were alive today if he'd exude some of the open theist tendencies and undertones that I see in some of the posts on here (the BB)?