1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Wonderful Savior Is Jesus My Lord

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Nov 20, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm really getting tired of all these negative threads and believe it is time to start talking about the beauties of Jesus Christ. Here are some of the fifty names according to the taches of Gold and Brass... Brass representing the second man the Lord from heaven... Gold representing the resurrected glorious one. Taken from... The Tabernacle the Priesthood and the Offerings by Henry W. Soltau!

1. The Mighty God
    2. The Almighty
    3. Jehova
    4. The Son
    5. The Son Of God
    6. The Only Begotten Of The Father
    7. The First-Born Of Every Creature
    8. The Word
    9. The Beginning
    10. The Wisdom Of God
    11. The Power Of God
    12. The Image Of The Invisible God
    13. The Brightness Of God's Glory
    14. That Eternal Life
    15. The First And The Last
    16. Immanuel
    17. Messiah
    18. The Lord
    19. The Lord Of Glory
    20. The Prince Of Life
    21. The Prince Of Peace
    22. The Everlasting Father
    23. The Creator
    24. The Sustainer
    25. The Holy One Of God
    26. The Same
    27. Wonderful
    28. Counsellor
    29. The Son Of Man
    30. The Seed Of The Woman
    31. The Resurrection
    32. The Quickening Spirit
    33. The Light
    34. The Truth
    35. Righteousness
    36. The Way
    37. The Sun Of Righteousness
    38. The Day-Star
    39. The Amen
    40. The King Of Kings
    41. The Heir Of All Things
    42. The Root Of David
    43. The Offspring Of David
    44. The Good Shepherd
    45. The Lamb Of God
    46. The Rock Of Ages
    47. The True Witness
    48. Shiloh
    49. The Redeemer
    50. Jesus

So true it is... A Wonderful Savior Is Jesus My Lord whose many names are without number... Brother Glen [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ November 20, 2002, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I like what my Southern Baptist preacher hero, Dr. Adrian Rogers says--

"If I had a thousand lives, I'd give every one of 'um to Jesus!!"

I'm currently preachin' through Revelation Chapter One--the very epicenter of Heaven is Jesus!! Its all about Him!!

Your friend,
    Blackbird

3. wjrighter

wjrighter New Member

AAAAmen!!! bro Glen ; & blackbird--the first & the last ,alpha & omega, bright & morning star,the rose of sharon " I AM "....boy that feels good!!!!........bill thanks!

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Want to post a "nutshell" of the Sunday mornin' message I preached just this past Lord's Day!!

"The Nail-Scarred Man!!"
    Text: Revelation 1: 7

Simple outline

1. The Presence

2. The Person

Look at verse 7. It tells us what He's comin' with and who it is we'll see!!

He's comin' with the "clouds!!" Oftentimes clouds are symbolic of God's presence. The word "clouds" comes from the Hebrew word "Anan"--it could be used to describe an ordinary cloud, or a thundercloud, things like Nebulas and Cumulus!! But most often it is used to point to God's presence and direction!

Remember those Israelites? They just went everywhere that cloud went?? Then in Exodus 19 God told Moses--"Come on up here!" And when Moses scaled Mt. Sinai--God had showed up in a thick cloud!!

Then in Exodus 40--when the Tabernacle was built--the Bible says that the cloud filled the tabernacle in verse 34!! Verse 35 says that Moses "WAS NOT ABLE" to enter because of the cloud!!! He just stood there--tremblin' like a LEAF IN A TORNADO!!!!!!!

In Acts 1 verse 9--God's cloud came and got Jesus!! The cloud "received" Jesus out of their sight!! The word "received" comes from the Greek word--"hupolambano"--it means "to carry upward" OOHHHH!! But I've got good news!! The same Jesus that was carried up--is comin' down again!!!!

God's presence is symbolized in a cloud!!

But wait a minute!!

Look at the Person of the text!!

Verse 7 says that "every eye shall see Him!!" Did you know that while Jesus was on the earth in His earthly ministry---that only a handful of folks actually SAW Him?? Compared to the population of the rest of the world at the time--that's right!! Not every single person actually saw Jesus with their naked eye!!

Doctor Luke tells you and me in his gospel, though, that they were "eyewitnesses" John tells us in his epistle "We have seen with our eyes!!"

When Moses gathered himself up to Mt. Sinai to see God--he found God to be shrouded in a cloud!! He couldn't get a full bird's eye view of God's person!! He was there in the presence but he never saw the person!!

Ladies and gentleman--God's PRESENCE is a PERSON!! God's presence is wrapped up in the person of Jesus!! When we get to GloryLand and stand in God's presence-----it'll be the NAIL-SCARRED MAN that we see!!

OOOHHHH!! And that's just a nutshell of God's presence wrapped up in a person!!

Your friend,
    Blackbird

5. wjrighter

wjrighter New Member