1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING VIDEO (DRUDGE)

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by bb_baptist, Oct 27, 2004.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

http://www.drudgereport.com/abct.htm

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

4. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

PRAY, PEOPLE, PRAY!!!!!!!!

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Pray! [​IMG] Do other news stations have this information? I would think it would be criminal for ABC to withhold information regarding our security and destruction? :eek:
    Those pictures of the American bother me because they look like someone I know from the Middle East, but of course it is not him! But nevertheless it creeps me out.

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

To be fair to ABC, the FBI is reviewing the tapes for authentication. They would also have to make sure there are not "secret" words to tell the terrorists in the US to strike before being allowed to air parts or all of the tape.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Where can I find the story on the ABC webpage?

8. Enoch

Enoch New Member

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If it came out, would have some people (such as some here) who would claim that the administration is just trying to scare people into voting for them. It is a no win situation.

10. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Enoch stated:

I agree with this statement. I would hope that a news agency would not withhold this kind of information in order to increase their ratings.

I hope and pray that this is not a notice to the terrorist to put some plan into operation.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

If the threat were verifiable, it would be one thing. A tape from a guy in a towel claiming unverifiable and unquantifiable things is another.

We just might be hit with another attack before the election, with or without this tape. It is, after all, what terrorists do.

12. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I want to know but I also do not want information given to sleepers. But we deserve a heads up! All politics aside our safety should be first, bottom line! I guess it would concern more of us depending on where we live.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

But there are no details given in this video.

What makes this, then, different from any other day?

14. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I guess, I wish I lived on a remote farm in the middle of nowhere. ;) And everyone came to visit me the same day of a planned attack and nobody knew anyone else was visiting the same day and everyone was safe. [​IMG]
    Of course “if” an attack happened.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

On Drudge right now:

CIA and FBI have authenticated al Qaeda videotape

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So, ABC thought if they held off until the night before the election that we'd all stay home from the polls?

ABC has a few shows I enjoy but their integrity is gutter low in my opinion!