1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion according to Obama and Giuliani

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Q: What us your view on the decision on partial-birth abortion and your reaction to most of the public agreeing with the court's holding?

Obama: I think that most Americans recognize that this is a profoundly difficult issue for the women and families who make these decisions. They don't make them casually. And I trust women to make these decisions in conjunction with their doctors and their families and their clergy. And I think that's where most Americans are. Now, when you describe a specific procedure that accounts for less than 1% of the abortions that take place, then naturally, people get concerned, and I think legitimately so. But the broader issue here is: Do women have the right to make these profoundly difficult decisions? And I trust them to do it. There is a broader issue: Can we move past some of the debates around which we disagree and can we start talking about the things we do agree on? Reducing teen pregnancy; making it less likely for women to find themselves in these circumstances.

This was exactly Rudi Giuliani's position on abortion!

And yet someone who is now a Barak Obama supporter said this about Giuliana supporters:

"Rudy Guiliani is pro-abortion as is Hillary Clinton. Therefore, I must ask how anyone who claims to be pro-life can support Rudy Guiliani. Anyone who supports Rudy Guiliani should be honest enough to drop the facade of calling himself pro-life. He is not. Anyone who supports Rudy Guiliani is pro-abortion. Period."

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This sounds reasonable to me. I still support Obama! :thumbs:

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

That wasn't someone like KenH by chance?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like overheated political rhetoric that I might have posted when I was mad about the constant attacks by conservatives against Congressman Ron Paul when he was running for president.

If that is my quote then I apologize for it, and repudiate and reject it. Obviously, I shouldn't have posted that in anger.

I have to admit, though, I continue to be amazed at the fascination that some posters have toward me. Maybe I ought to start a newsletter and charge a subscription for and only print my thoughts there so I at least they would have to pay to read them. :laugh:

#4 KenH, Mar 22, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Ken,
    You were getting a following with your support of Ron Paul. What has thrown us for a loop is your support for a tax and spend, abortion supporting, turn tail and run Democratic liberal. :tonofbricks:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had a "following" while I was supporting Ron Paul I didn't see much of it on this board.

I've gotten as good as, or an even better, reception since I started supporting Senator Obama after Ron Paul was no longer a factor. And the same crowd that was attacking Congressman Paul is basically the same crowd that is attacking Senator Obama.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

But why give up supporting Paul? You can still vote for him come November if you feel he is your candidate. I'd vote for Paul over Clinton, Obama or Guliani.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At my age I have come to the realization that I may have voted in more presidential elections than I will vote in in the future. I am tired of voting to do nothing more than send a message via the minor party route. I need to try to have impact with the votes that I have left.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So your purpose of voting is solely to finally be part of who you think will win? :confused:

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My purpose is to help a candidate who can actually win. I have only voted for a major party candidate four times for president and each time that candidate won. I didn't vote for them because I thought they would win but because I wanted to help them win.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So it's about you, then. :rolleyes:

It seems that is your theme here lately.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, my vote is my vote. Your vote is your vote.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...then don't pretend it's about issues, then. It's self serving motives.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely. My self serving motive is that I want what is best for these United States. :thumbs:

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which doesn't include the slaughter of our unborn children and men marrying men. Remember Sodom and Gamorah? Hardly "what's best".

16. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=38178

17. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

You must really read your post #17 of the linked thread if you want to witness some pure hypocrisy.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guessed correctly. :) It was me. :(

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. You nailed me on that. Kudos to you. :thumbs:

20. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member