1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion: Have Our Doctors Broken the Hypocratic Oath?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 22, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It depends on the reason for the abortive action

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On this link, you will find two versions of the oath. One is "Classic" and the other is a "Modern" version!

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=20909

I've been appalled with what I've seen on the two recent tapes of doctors being secretly videotaped regarding the purchase of fetal tissue and organs from aborted babies!

I believe life begins at conception, so any taking of life in an abortion procedure, is to me, murder. So I have to ask this moral question: are the doctors involved in aborting babies, at any age of gestation, guilty of murder and more than that; GUILTY OF BREAKING THEIR OATH, especially the "Classic" version that says, "I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice."

In my opinion, the promise to do no harm is something that abortion doctors are forgetting when they take this little unborn life from their mother's womb. A life that, deserves, in my opinion, to be spared "Harm!"

So, what do you think? Have they broken their oath to do no harm, or are they simply puppets of the federal government and the laws that legalize what they do, giving them a legal pass, but not a moral one?

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you say "our" doctors, who is "us" ?

Christian doctors?
    Baptist doctors?
    Worldly, degenerate doctors?

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any doctor that participates in performing an abortion meant to keep a baby from being born.

4. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Old: "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

New: "But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."

I would contend that abortion violates both versions. Is not the willful taking of innocent life to "play at God"?

A.F.

5. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

Yes. It is murder! In most cases for convenience. Rape, incest, mothers health not withstanding, Abortion is the taking of the life of a child, created by God.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A lot of Christians aren't taken seriously on this because they favor the taking of life via capital punishment. It comes across as confused and hypocritical.

As God does not author confusion, it becomes obvious that somewhere in taking this abortion/capital punishment stance, man's OPINIONS have entered in to make it look like God's truth is at odds with Itself.

One might also ask, is it even possible , as a Christian doctor to provide either one of those services.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only to the few with an agenda. People who think things through and posses some common sense understand with ease the vast difference between the two.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Naah. Most people recognize it for the hypocrisy it is. It just further shows the propensity for some to try to equate their politics with God's truth.

Yet again one of those reasons folks dismiss a lot of evangelicals.

Truth doesn't confuse, but delivers understanding that sets men free.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree with you!

Zaac doesn't seem to understand that even God commanded a form of lethal death for the taking of a life! Capitol punishment is Biblical (http://www.gotquestions.org/death-penalty.html). Abortion is not, thus abortion is a sin! Sorry Zaac, you would lose on this one, like you lose on all your other liberal rants! Try reading the Word before you put your foot in your mouth. :wavey: