1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion only 3% of PP business debunked: It's a big fat lie

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listen to Planned Parenthood and “providing” abortions is not only a public service, it is such a small part of all that it does that it hardly merits mentioning. It’s only those mean old pro-lifers—such as Dr. Randall K. O’Bannon, NRLC’s Director of Education—who insist on making the insignificant (abortion makes up “only 3%” of PPFA’s services) seem significant.

Of course as Dr. O’Bannon has explained many times, that 3% figure is the ridiculously misleading. Recently, Rachael Larimore, writing on Slate.com, did an excellent job illuminating what she calls “The Most Meaningless Abortion Statistic Ever.”

She unpacks that lie (my word, not hers) primarily in two ways. First, Larimore explains a key PPFA trick: “Planned Parenthood ‘unbundles’ all of its services so that a pack of pills, an STD test and an exam are three separate services.”

Second, without belaboring how the 3% underestimates the real percentage of services abortion constitutes, Larimore then brilliantly illuminates how PPFA hides what a cash cow abortion is for PPFA.

“Undoubtedly, some of those services are cheaper than others: To illustrate this, let’s make a comparison with an actual business. Say I open a watch store. I sell lots of those cheap plastic digital ones that you can get at discount stores. And I sell some Timex and Casio, and also some nicer designer watches. But then I also keep a few superexpensive Brightlings and Patek Phillipes in stock. And maybe those only make up 3 percent of my sales. But selling only a handful of fancy watches brings in far more than 3 percent of my REVENUES. And so it is with abortion.”

So how much money DOES PPFA take in from performing abortions?

I asked Dr. O’Bannon for a more exact breakdown, based on his years of experience following Planned Parenthood. He told NRL News Today

“Abortion is a huge profit center for PPFA. At going rates for a standard surgical abortion performed at 10 weeks, the 333,964 abortions Planned Parenthood performed represent an income of at least $150.6 million. And it is no secret that Planned Parenthood advertises and performs more expensive chemical and later surgical abortions, indicating that abortion revenues are likely considerably higher. Collectively, the organization and its affiliates took in nearly $1.2 billion in revenues ($1,199,100,000 to be exact).”

Referring to PPFA’s Planned Parenthood’s 2011-2012 Annual Report, O’Bannon added,

“Planned Parenthood received over half a billion dollars ($542.4 million) in ‘Government Health Services Grants and Reimbursements.’ This represents more than 45% of the group’s annual revenues. While federal monies for abortion are currently limited by the Hyde Amendment to cases of rape, incest, or life of the mother, at least 17 states and several local communities can and do fund abortions. With the onset of ObamaCare, that amount could mushroom.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/08/29/...-claiming-only-3-of-its-business-is-abortion/

2. Walguy

Walguy Member

Wow, professional baby killers are also willing to be seriously deceptive. Who would have thought it?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to be when you are involved in such henious behavior. Many liberal will defend PP based on this false and completely untruthful stat citing other good things PP does as well.

Yet when it comes to the death penatly they will argue that the whole system must go because of the idea that some might be dying innocently.

Quite hypocriticle.