1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion or Water Boarding, Which is Satanic?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Do you have evidence to show it was because of the torture, or the euphemistically-called EIT?

#61 Magnetic Poles, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define torture

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Thanks, but I'll only drink Coca Cola. :tongue3: You are one "Wild and Crazy Guy" MP. :laugh: The safety that all of us have enjoyed is a very loud witness to EIT's effectiveness.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not confused anything. I have consistently stated that Christians should not support torture. That Christians should follow the mandates of scripture. To support torture is contrary to scripture and is something Christians should never do.

Let the ungodly torture people. Let Christians love with perfect love.
    The definition of torture does not demand irreparable damage be done to someone. You can torture someone by breaking their finger. The bone will heal. No irreparable damage. You should rethink your definition of torture.
    Then I pray Holy Spirit will convict you of the truth of your error in judgment.

I also pray others who oppose torture will be strengthened to speak out, even against those we normally agree with.

peace to you:praying:

#64 canadyjd, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very easy. We are to set our minds on the things above, not on the things below. We are heavenly citizens, our home is in heaven. We are temporary residents on the earth. Allegence to political parties and/or countries should never take priority over our commitment to God.
    I do not recall this happening to me. When, exactly, did I fail to protect my family from the murdering, raping, home evaders?
    You are out of control with your rhetoric.
    Because I oppose torture....

.....You make outrageous assumptions about what I would/or wouldn't do if someone evaded my home, and then accuse me (based on your outrageous assumptions) of sending my children to hell and failing in my role as a husband and a father....

....And then you call me "worse than an infidel".

Your arguments have failed. You have nothing left but personal attack. You are quite good at that, BTW.
    I am not familiar with that particular verse of scripture. Perhaps you could point me to it...unless you just made it up.

You didn't just make it up, did you?

6. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I misrepresent nothing. Waterboarding is contrary to the teachings of Christ. Waterboarding is evil. Christians should always oppose evil.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Again, if you fail to protect your family you have failed as a husband and father to do your part as is mandated by God.
    No assumptions are made, just conclusions regarding your "Heavenly" elitism.

Only if anyone fails in their godly mandates to individuals and governments. 1Timothy 5 & Romans 13.
    The "you" in the scenario that I gave in detail is not a reflection upon you. Let me make that perfectly clear. "You" is used only in generalization.

Only because they have failed to penetrate a granite hard noggin. The argument remains sound.

You search it out, I never pretended it to be anything more than just my word.

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, when have I ever failed? You are making outrageous assumptions about what I would do.
    So, I quote scripture that tells us to set our minds on the things above, not on the things below,.... that we are to consider ourselves as strangers and aliens on the earth, and you criticise me for "heavenly elitism".

You stick to your name-calling, and I'll stick to scripture.
    This is what you said...
    You specifically attributed your senario to me, accusing me of sending my children to hell and, based on your outrageous statements, you questioned my salvation by saying I am worse than an infidel.....

....all because I oppose torture.

#68 canadyjd, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You most certainly did. You presented water boarding as revenge. That is in complete error.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Have you been water boarded? Until you have you cannot speak with authority using the same tortured logic posted above.

MP you have just found something that you can jab Christians about. I doubt that is the case with canadyjd but as sincere as he is he is sincerely wrong.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It is time to move on.

I have already openly stated that "You" was a generalization. That arrow was shot at a random target. If you took it then I can't very well remove it without causing pain. I probably should have phrased it better and for that I regret. However I still stand on my argument that what is necessary for a nation to protect it's citizenry it has a godly mandate to do so. If that nation does not follow it's mandate (Romans 13) then it will be overthrown and judged by God for failing in its mandate. Likewise the person that does not provide the basics for his family will suffer the same fate. (1Timothy 5:8) If that has pricked your conscience and you still feel that the arrow is directed at you then you are the one that is in need of peace.

I am at peace with my stance. Hence and forevermore I will stand.

12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

:eek:
    HUH? Did you really just become an advocate for moral relativism???

Richard Land said it best:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090513/ap_on_re/us_rel_religion_today

Be very careful on that one Palatka51.

Regards,
    BiR

13. OldRegular

Land is not infallible! I doubt that you would support half of what Land believes.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN!!! :thumbsup:

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The government is made of people. You can't do evil and hide behind the word government, it is still you doing the evil. That is like saying abortion is legal according to our government laws so the government can perform abortion but not individuals.

Confused, I think canadyjd is the one who has it right.

The worst man can do to you is actually the best thing that can happen to you. There is only one way to see God face, that is to be transformed by death from mortal into immortal. Flesh and blood will not enter the kingdom. So why would a Christian fear the threat of death when we know to be absent from this body is to be present with God?

Remember now, God didn't give you that spirit of fear...

16. OldRegular

LeBuick

When you condemn abortionists and those who vote for abortionists with the same fervor you speak about the horrors of water boarding you will have more credibility.

Correct me if I am wrong but are you not a supporter of the abortionist in chief in this country?

17. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Abortion is the slaughter of the most innocent of your nation. There is no comparison at all when EIT'ing a terrorist.

18. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Do I fear God, or Richard Land?

Romans 13 clearly states that the powers that be bare not their swords in vain. From execution for horrible crimes to EIT's that chapter is what I'll stand on. That foundation is sound and sure. So thanks for your concern but I am on caring ground already.

19. targus

targus New Member

This would be funny if it were not so sad.

You voted for abortion promoter/supporter Obama. So when he increased funding for abortions it was you doing that evil.

Your ability to compartmentalize is so severe as to be psychologically diagnosable.

20. OldRegular

Clinton's ability to, compartmentalize was supposedly one of his strong points. Perhaps he was considered a role model by some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.