1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion Question

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Speed Gracer, Oct 26, 2005.

?
  1. Im a Female.

73.5%
  2. want to raise the child.

8.8%
  3. want her to have an abortion

14.7%
  4. support whatever she chose.

2.9%
  5. let her choose, whether I supported her or not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Don't take my question the wrong way. Im not asking this question to support abortion or be against it. I just want to see some honest answers, from all of you.

Think about the question and put yourself in that situation.

2. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Your poll is not well stated in that it does not give the option of adoption. You shut out a major avenue to avoid abortion and skewed the results.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I voted for me and asked my wife and voted for her.

Without any doubt at all we would have the child and raise the child as our own. We would not see it as some kind fo vile curse, but as a precious soul for whom Christ died.

We would not and could not agree to the brutal murder of this precious baby.

Besides, if we were going to kill the child it would be MUCH safer for my wife if we waited until it was born, then cut it's throat or submerge it is a salin bath till it drowned. Or maybe we could rip it's little head off after it was born instead of in the womb. At least my wife would be safe that way.

4. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Or you could support Bush and bomb innocent people, to protect you.

5. kubel

kubel New Member

Good post C4K.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Ah yes, start your own topic, then change to subject when you have no answer.

The subject here is the killing of children of rapists. You clearly don't know my views on Iraq and they are meaningless in this thread anyway.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was hard to vote here.

I voted for not knowing what to do ONLY for this reason:

You said, "want to have an abortion"

Yes, I would definitely WANT to have an abortion. Immediately.

Would I have one? No. I could never do that. But I would want one. Therefore, I had to vote for "I don't know", because I don't know if I would keep the child or give it away to a couple who would love it better than I could.

But I would carry it. It would devastate me, but I would carry it.

I had to be honest here.

Thank goodness that women don't have to face this horrible scenario very often. A few do. The ones who are too ashamed to tell anyone and don't get to the emergency room in time are faced with this terrible dilemma. Especially wives. Wives have a harder time "telling" than do single women. They have more to lose by making this tragedy known to husbands. It's not that husbands aren't sympathetic, although some aren't, it's that wives and even long-term girlfriends ironically feel an obscene and absurd sense of guilt and betrayal. It's a gross misinterpretation of events, but it's what women feel.

Single women, with no attachments, don't always carry as heavy a burden with rape as wives and women in serious relationships do.

For the women who do get to the emergency room, the rape kit includes a "flushing out" and if you are not on any birth control, you can request a couple of estrogen pills to prevent a sperm from fertilizing any egg cell. But you need to get there within about 24 hours.

After that, conception is possible and you have the problem that you have addressed in the poll.

I really don't think anybody knows how they would truly and initially react until it happened to them, personally.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

8. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"I really don't think anybody knows how they would truly and initially react until it happened to them, personally"---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think some of us know for sure we would not kill an inocent child for any reason.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

If this happened I would at want adoption as one of my choices. Murder of a baby is never an option for a Christian no matter what the circemstances of conception.

:rolleyes:

Oh the evil Bush and the satanic carl rove. Halaberton, Cheney, lied, bla, bla, bla. innocent people, bla, bla. Blood, oil and all that.

Tell it to the innocent people in the mass graves burried in Iraq. I bet Rove hired halaberton to kill them and put them there so that the evil Bush could steal the election and go to Iraq for the oil and something about big buisness. [​IMG]

10. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

My purpose here is to see just how differently the men and women would respond. Thanks for voting.

11. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Thank you Scarlett O. I completely agree.

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"My purpose here is to see just how differently the men and women would respond. Thanks for voting. "-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you did not give the option of adoption. some would carry and then let the child be adopted.

13. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Well, I really hope you would support your wife and not try to choose for her. That answer is very viable.

14. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may know that for sure in your heart and I am very glad of it. I am sure that I could not have an abortion.

But what I was referring to is not knowing your feelings towards this unborn child unless it happened to you.

Keep it? Give it away?

I'm glad that you know for sure how you feel. There are untold amount of Christians, strong Christians, who also say they oppose abortion and yet when reality hits, they waver on that opinion and fight a spiritual battle inside like those of us here who haven't faced the hell of rape will ever understand.

I don't judge those people's faltering emotions nor their temporarily not knowing what to do. And I hope that I am never in their place.

Peace-
    S.O.
    <><

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Why won't you answer my question SG?

Would it not be safer to butcher the innocent child after its birth than before?

16. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Scarlett I agree with you too.

17. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Men: 46% would want to raise the child.
    Women: 15% would want to raise the child.

What does this mean?

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It means that 31% of the respondents to question 1 (for men) are female and 54% of the respondents to question 2 (for females) are male.

It measn your poll is flawed.

19. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Since when is it acceptable to kill the children of criminals? My wife's child would become my child.

20. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Since I found out some months ago that the emergency contraceptive functions by preventing ovulation and not implantation, we'd try that immediately. If it was too late in the cycle and conception occurred, we would give the baby up for adoption.

Since the poll did not cover all of the options I did not vote at this time, but I might later.