1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortion: The many deceptive faces of Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The deceptions of Mormonism seem to have forged the perfect flip flopper.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think it has more to do with lust for power than religious beliefs.

“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.” George W. Bush.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Hasn't someone already posted this?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ya think????
    1. Romney is a false god worshipper.
    2. We aid and abet false god worshippers by our vote.
    3. We are secretly for abortion and gay rights.
    4. We are all going to hell the second we walk into the voting booth.

Over, and over, and over

Zaac, recess is over. Go back in the classroom, put on your dunce cap, and sit in the corner.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Zaac, who will you be voting for on Tuesday? Or who have you already voted for? Will you vote?

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Barry said,"if one of my teenage daughters gets pregnant I don't want to punish them with a baby"....Simply AMAZING!!!

This statement my our Prez tells me all I need to know to vote on Tuesday.

Obama actually thinks a baby is punishment.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah vote for the other Goldman Sachs/Monsanto fascist that'll sure show him.

8. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I always vote for the most pro-life candidate. Romney seems to be that, I'm not crazy about a Mormon in the WH but it beats another four years of abortion at all costs.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. If you always vote for the most pro life candidate why would you vote for Romney? :confused:

Gary Johnson is more pro life than Romney and Gary Johnson is pro choice. At least Gary Johnson has displayed empathy for others. If Romney has empathy for anyone it's only Romney. How else can you explain his close ties to a company that has poisoned millions of people for profit? And some of those millions of people were pre born babies. Yep whatever the mother consumes so does the pre born she is carrying.

#9 poncho, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You just exposed a hole in the armor. :laugh: Lots of folks are saying that. But as you just showed, there's obviously more to it than that.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Zaac, does your mother know that you're up past your bedtime? You know a tired Zaac makes a grouchy Zaac...

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well in their defense it is hard to tell the difference between an ear of corn God made and an ear of corn Monsanto made. They both look and taste alike. One way to play it safe is to eat what the Monsanto people are eating. Romney and Obama both eat organic. They both have profited from helping Monsanto poison the rest of us but they won't eat Monsanto's GMO food themselves.

They both know it's poison and won't put into their own bodies but they'll help Monsanto convince us it's alright to into our bodies for a few bucks. I think that shows a certain lack of empathy for others. Why should I believe Romney is pro life if he's willing to help Monsanto condemn millions of people to a slow painful and costly death for personal gain? It just doesn't compute.

I've noticed most folks have been really busy filling their computers with the garbage they are being by spoon fed by the politicians and the corporate talking heads. When it comes to computers . . . garbage in - garbage out.

Sometimes you have to stop and smell the garbage before you enter it.

#12 poncho, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Very true. I think all one has to do to see that these elections are all a for show game with other individuals pulling the strings behind the scenes is to watch the end of a debate.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Poncho's post usually are.
    LOL

Would you please explain how someone is pulling the strings behind the scenes when each person gets one vote?

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is an excellent perspective. There are more pro-life candidates out there than the two major choices.

I still don't understand how a vote for life is a wasted vote.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

As Christians we're to judge these people by their fruit. Maybe it's time we started looking at all their fruit instead of just looking at the fruit they put on display for us.

Ron Paul is hands down more pro life than either Obama or Romney could ever hope to be. But he was scorned no end here by those claiming to be pro life Christians because of his belief in a non interventionist (pro life) foreign policy. Those claiming to be pro life Christians here and now instead favored the men all running on the same pro death and destruction platform and took every opportunity to smear and demonize the only true pro life candidate in the elephant herd not that long ago.

So when someone tries to tell me I am not pro life enough because I refuse to vote for Mitt Romney I have to remind them that they had a chance in this election and the last to put their vote where their mouth is but instead they chose the men peddling death and destruction over a man defending life twice now. I've been examining their fruit too and it's getting more rotten each passing day to the point I would almost prefer Monsanto's poisonous fruit to theirs.

If this post offends any of you pro lifer posers reading this all I can say is maybe it's time you started walking the walk instead of just talking the talk.

#16 poncho, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
  17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We very rarely agree as you know. But here we do. I think it inconsistent to be pro-life on the abortion issue and yet support an interventionist foreign policy that results in the death of children who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

18. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

While I agree with much of what you say, the problem is that we are crying over spilled milk. There's no way to put it back into the carton for the election coming up Tuesday. Facts are facts. There are two candidates at the top of the ticket for POTUS. With the polls indicating how tight the race is, a vote for a 3rd party candidate for whatever reason will not offset a vote for Obama and all he endorses.

IMO, the walk is simple. Each person either walks with Obama or s/he doesn't on Tuesday. After Tuesday, that's a different story, when looking towards 2016. In the meantime, if there's even the most remote possibility that Romney can prevent even a few babies from dying, don't we, as professing Christians, have the obligation to try to protect those few?

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good post. The time for choosing the perfect candidate ended at the primaries. To be realistic, now it's a choice between flawed and awful. For better or for worse, no third-party or independent has a chance.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have always had a distaste for the "lesser of two evils", but Arbo, I think I can accept your statement of flawed and awful.

I did not support Romney in the primaries - but he is a much better choice than Obama.