1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ABORTION

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by ChozGod, Sep 26, 2001.

1. ChozGod

ChozGod New Member

Hi everyone....it's been a while, school started and my time left......but I have a question that I need an answer to tonight....We are doing a discussion on "abortion" I read an email once on "What it ??? was aborted" and it preceded to talk about Washington, and many well known people, it also asked the reader " would you get an abortion if you were in their shoes?".......If anyone can get this or something like it to me that will impact teens I would be more then greatful.
    Paula
    Mark 8:36

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'd like to read that myself. Anyone?

3. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I have done the abortion speeches b/f in highschool and if you really wanna make your classmates squirm and get other really horrifying facts about abortion go to:
    http://www.abortiontv.com/

They are an excellent source and I got everything I needed from them.

Until next Post, Adam

4. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Abortion,

No matter how many horror stories you try and put out about abortion its not going to help as much as you think it is. I have had an abortion, a very long time ago, and despite the fact that I had seen pictures of aborted babies on protesters posters, and small crosses in front of churches to represent those children who were killed I still made that wrong decision.

I'm coming to this board with an openness, the things that I did in the past I know I am forgiven for and I had to live out that grief and then the relief that came after I knew that it was washed away. But, even though I've been forgiven for it, it does not make it right. I swore I would never have an abortion before it happend, I mean swore. I got pregnant when I was still a teenager, I was living on my own. I was just afraid that there was nothing I could do.

Honestly, I did not think until after it happend. I did not think about that baby that went into that tube until after I had done it. But after I had done it it was a huge slap in the face and a huge blow to my life. That was when I began to think of that baby as a real life. I thought of holding it in my belly and of it growing inside of me, I thought about its fingertips and toes and how they would have been moving. I thought about its smile that I would never see. If you really want to stop someone from having an abortion the only way your going to be able to do that is to make that baby into the real person it is and not into a statistic. We thrive to much on our ability to not think that we make the worst decisions in our lives all out of vanity, out of wanting to take care of ourself and our feelings. Sometimes I count the months in my head and I figure how old my baby would be. I think about the things it would be doing right now, I think about the love it would have had for me.

My preacher once told me that sins can be forgiven and forgotten by Jesus, but sometimes we can't forgive ourselfs.

The emotional wounds that I have are endless. But I can tell you this much. I should be a mother right now, I should be holding the thing I created and kissing it and sharing my life with it. But, I can't. And no matter how hard I want to stop and go back to when it happend and make myself think. I can't. All because I did not want to sit down and think about it....

That baby was alive from the moment I concived it, I just refused to believe it.

5. tristar

tristar New Member

I'm prolife, but it seems that even among prolifers there are different points of view (can't call them opinions when they are scripturally based)... I have been verbally lambasted and even viciously attacked for voicing my convictions, but I never expected to be questioned by other prolifers when I said that I thought abortion was morally defensible where the woman's life was at risk. Seems that there are quite a few in the catholic church that feel that even when the mother's life is at risk, abortion is morally wrong (does anyone know if this is the official doctrine of the catholic church?). Then there are the opinions (and I call them this because they have no spiritual or even moral basis) of those who feel that abortion is right almost as a kind of birth control, may God have mercy on them....

to Ashley, I am sorry for what you endured and also for the grief that you have gone through in realizing what you did, don't know what words to say, and if what I have said is the right thing to say, just remember that you really are forgiven, others can't judge you when Jesus has brought you to repentance and washed away your wrongs. God bless you and bring you peace.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you need, Choz, is that picture of that doctor doing the surgery on the fetus, and the fetus (baby) grabbing his finger....

That one had more impact on people I discuss this with than anything else I've seen to date....

Choz, something else you can give them: Go to www.onelook.com (the on-line dictionary), and type in "fetus"; look for the medical definitions. Most medical definitions refer to a fetus as a "baby." Even the doctors recognize that "fetus" is nothing more than a term like "homo sapiens"....

7. SPAM

SPAM New Member

Adam, just visited the site you listed. Every time I see these babies, I shutter at the decision my wife and I made.

The doctor approached my wife and I at her 6 months visit and told us her advice would be an abortion. Something was terribly wrong and her immediate dignosis was down syndrome.

I remember the shock and the pain in my wife's cries; the fear that gripped our hearts. Then, shortly after, I could not get past the great peace we felt; the knowing that our God reigns.

My son's name is Paul E. Brantner II, better known as "Pocket". Although born with some immediate concerns, he's as healthy as any 8 year old can be. We play this Saturday for first place in our football league. He's quite the athlete now and has developed into an above average QB. I as his coach, His mother and older sister as his cheering section. Each Saturday, I feel God's smile on us for making the right decision.

I shutter because of the decision we made were not as bold and adamant as I'd always thought it would be. Real life is hard when decisions must be made; love, I found, was the key. My in-laws, my parents, our families, all were so supportive and prayerful, and yet it was a torturous last 3 months. For those who may or may not have had this support, remember, LOVE is the key. nd, LOVE has a name, it's JESUS.

Don't ask for an explanation, see for yourself. Whether you are opposed, for, one who has experienced abortion, ask LOVE what you should do. Ironically, the answer is always the same. It's one of the more clear cut communicative answers LOVE ever gives.

My we all be settled on this issue within the faith, for not to be is an amazing fault.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love it, Spam. Praise God for you and your wife.

Another example of how we should let God handle the situation, not let the situation handle us....

9. Nicole

Nicole New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChozGod:
    Hi everyone....it's been a while, school started and my time left......but I have a question that I need an answer to tonight....We are doing a discussion on "abortion" I read an email once on "What it ??? was aborted" and it preceded to talk about Washington, and many well known people, it also asked the reader " would you get an abortion if you were in their shoes?".......If anyone can get this or something like it to me that will impact teens I would be more then greatful.
    Paula
    Mark 8:36
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Paula...I have that e-mail. It's on my other computer so I will look it up tomorrow and send it ro you. I'm pretty sure it's the same one you're speaking of. Talks about Washington, and I believe Van Gough? a few others too. Let me know.

10. ellis

ellis New Member

My wife and I have both volunteered time at a home that cares for pregnant, unwed women, mainly teenagers, who have considered abortion as a "way out".

In most cases, their focus is very narrow and they are extremely frightened. The issue is not what will happen to a baby they've never seen, it is what will happen to them. They have a parent that doesn't understand, or they have no money, or they don't have a clue as to how they are going to take care of a child. In many cases, they've been dumped by the father. They've already made one bad choice and they're on the verge of making another.

The idea is to remove what they see as obstacles to the problem. They are offered medical care, a place to stay, counseling, education, a few hours of work so they don't feel like they're worthless. They are placed in a caring Christian environment. They get to meet a loving couple who are willing to adopt the baby when it is born. They are shown God's love and forgiveness over the duration of their stay in this home (usually five to seven months).

Showing the pictures of abortion, the process, the aborted fetuses, have more of an impact to deepen the convictions of those of us who are already pro-life than they do to stop someone from aborting their child. But when we go the extra mile, to actually give a helping hand, that, IMHO, is far more effective.

11. ChozGod

ChozGod New Member

Spam.........Praise God!! for your decision!!! You gave your son the opportunity to smile and feel love and love you in return.

Nicole....Yes!!! That is the one. If you can email me direct or through the board I would be so thrilled. This week our lesson will be over so I pray you find it. And Thank You in advance.

Everyone else....Thank You, right after this post I will jump over at those sights.
    Paula, Mark 8:36

12. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Wonderful, SPAM!!! I'm sure the background of it all only serves to magnify your love for your son!