1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abortions before 1973

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JerryL, Sep 3, 2008.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Yes, I posted a link on this early today. Not my job to do your legwork.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I cannot in good conscience support legalized abortion. I don't think more babies would be aborted if it's illegal - I think less would be aborted.

3. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Not much less. If a women has it in her head to get rid of that baby, legal or not won't make a difference. As has been proved by history.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This could not be more wrong. It is a fallacy used as a political tool and an excuse to justify pro-choice.

5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Do you think just being illegal is going to slow it down much. I guess you don't realize the things that people are capable of. Abortions have went on for centuries, even back to the Roman Empire. If a woman foolishly gets pregnant and doesn't want that child, it will be gone. You do understand the depravity of man right? How evil we are?

Im tired, enough for now, it's bedtime.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I do care about the babies.

What I said, though, is that whether or not back alley abortions occur doesn't affect my belief that abortion should be outlawed.

7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think that when the angel Gabriel told Zacharias about the coming birth of John in Luke 1: 15

Luke 1:15. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Let us not forget verse 41

Luke 1:41. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

and then there is Psalm 139:13

Psalm 139:13. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

WOW straight from the Word of God!!
    Who can deny or even argue these Holy Words?

It sure is hard to believe that anyone could support or support anyone whose party says it is alright to murder children who God acknowledges their existence. I know some are called and even acknowledge that they are unbelievers.

I honestly do not know what to think about those who support this and claim to know my God.

I do cry for the children we have lost to murder and cry for those who are responsible whether by deed or support.

My human self wants to strike out in a rage known to madmen, but my Christian self knows to pray for healing of the minds.

I ask forgiveness of anyone I have offended by any sharpness of my tongue, but I give no apology for the message I try to plea for the protection of the unborn children.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, is your logic then the following...

"Since people are going to break laws, let's just not have any."

Sorry, I don't think that will work...nor do I think that is morally right.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Jerry, you have your facts and history wrong. Abortion was already legal in some states prior to 1973 - some began legalizing abortions in the 1960's. What Roe accomplished was to make it legal in all states, no matter what those states wanted to do. So any abortion data you provide prior to 1973 has to take into account that many of those abortions were legal, not the strawman "back-alley" ones.

Your reasoning is faulty and patently unbiblical and ungodly from the start - i.e., let's make something legal since people will do it anyways. Not a good way to build a society, unless you are an anarchist.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen and amen!!