1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About Baptists - from other points of view

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Ignored, as there may have been a mix up in communications.

I am with you all the way on this, and understand it. BUT, I answered as you posted regarding Abraham before the Law. Abraham is of the Circumcision, but before the Law just as you say, and that is what I answered you. I asked you to take a look at what James says wherein we find, viz. verse 2:21, "Was not Abraham our father justified by works…".

Abraham is not my Father, which means I then must be justified as Paul says. The Uncircumcised is justified through faith,and the Circumcised by faith, Romans 3:30. That is why I say I am not of the gospel of the Circumcised.

I hope this will clear up any misunderstanding of where I stand in Jesus Christ, apart from James as he writes to the those of the Circumcision, whose Father is Abraham.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

ituttut: Thank you for the response."orthodox" Judaism, Eastern, Western, and Russian. Jewish "water baptism".
    What we find in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, as well as seen in Acts 2:37-38. These cover the gospel of the Kingdom that was at hand.
    I agree with that; that is water baptism.
    All Christians must be water baptized? Are you saying all others that are not looking for that Gospel of the Kingdom that was at hand are destined to the Lake of Fire? I look to be caught up before that Kingdom comes. You previously said I was headed there. Christian friend, being on the same foundation as you, I find this a strange statement.
    Very funny. Are you not aware of John 14:20, "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." Surely you could apply this to yourself? Are you just a member of only the Baptist church, which cannot be eaten, just as you observe. What are we told we can Eat? It is His Body, and His Blood that we can digest? Do I hunger because I cannot eat the Baptist church? I'm not sure what you are eating, but it could very well be the same diet I am on.
    I like that. You speak plainly when put to the test. I return the favor. I understand it as an Earthly command for we find it in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. In Acts 1:8 we see only YOU will be witnesses to Me, starting in Jerusalem, and then to the whole earth. Can you please show me where any Gentile is included in spreading the gospel of the Great Commission? Do we not find the same thing in Acts 2:37-38, and here the Apostles are now Twelve? These are the Apostles chosen to go only to the Circumcised with the Gospel of the Great Commission. And NO, Peter was not allowed to utter such a thing to Cornelius.
    This is not to preach but show you, and any others, what I believe, and where I will spend Eternity. I say if we can, we can divide out the Word of God to show there was only One Apostle chosen to ravel the Body of Christ and His Church, which is digestible. But again, this does not happen until we get to Acts 9, and not before. Why can't we just accept the words of James - Peter _ John as they speak from that church in Jerusalem? Are they not shaking hands with us also, slaying go to the Uncircumcised of the flesh, and tell them they may not want to be in the Kingdom that is given to them (Luke 12:32). What Kingdom do I choose? That which is the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, which His Father gave to Him (Luke 22:28-30). I don't know how many pew's were filled before I arrived, and have no idea how many or left to be occupied before the Rapture comes.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry, but you just aren't making any sense.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Beyond the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, and Luke, to Pentecost. The Kingdom was at hand just waiting for Israel to accept Messiah. But it was never put into gear, and the motor was turned off with the stoning of Stephen. So another secret that been hidden in God would then have its beginning. We see this happened in Acts 9. The Great Commission had to be phased out, and the Grace Commission had to grow into maturity. Out with the Old, and in with the New.

TO NEXT: Correct for you asked me what I meant.

TO NEXT: No, I don't believe water baptism saved those of the circumcision, but John the Baptist came preaching repent you Jew, for the Kingdom is at hand. Why is it only the Jew, and all Israel must repent for the remission of their sins? These are God's own people. God asked Them to make Covenant with Him. They broke their Covenant with Him, and He tells Them what to do.

TO NEXT: We find in Matthew 3 compelling evidence that the People of God must do what is required of THEM for Remission of THERE sins. In one fell swoop, two things must be done at the same time. Matthew 3:6, "And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins." Is this not the Great Commission Baptism? I find that after Damascus Road only one Baptistism for me today that is required of God. It does not include any Work that God required of His people, or their proselytes. They are Kin to me.

TO NEXT: Yes, through His Word. The Who is Jesus Christ. Where He is when He revealed His Gospel for the Gentile, and the Jew. The When is the Time of the beginning, informing us about His Body, the Body of Christ. We can't find where Paul ever tells us today to obey the Law of Moses, or any ordnances the Priest did, such as sprinkling the Blood, or have us obey what John the Baptist told Israel they must do for the remission of sins. By the hands of man (Priest's, and Apostles the Blood/Water is applied to those of the Kingdom. We are told for us, the One Circumcision, and the One Baptism is done without the hands of man. The Great Commission was by the hands of man.
    God in Three Persons, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. I see in Revelation 21 the Kingdom of God, the Holy City of Jerusalem. The Lamb, Jesus the Bridegroom has His Bride (Revelation 21:9-10). The Christian in the Body of Christ are in the Bridegroom. We know this is true for the Body of Christ was not prophesied.

We can see in the Kingdom of God the Christian Jew, and their Proselytes coming into the Holy City of Jerusalem through the twelve (12), and they enter as to their respective Tribes. We know this is true for it is in Prophecy. When those of Israel, promised the earth, will go to worship their God, and ten Gentiles not in the Body of Christ will take hold of a Jew, and say take us with you for God is with you (Zechariah 8). I believe this is the Millennium Kingdom reign of Jesus Christ.
    And I agree you really see nothing New happening on Damascus Road. Jesus and Paul cannot speak to us any plainer.

Did Jesus Christ from Heaven speak directly, and face to face with anyone else before Saul/Paul how the heathen will be justified?

Did Jesus give authority, or appoint any other Apostles to the Office of The Apostle to the Gentile? If so, we know in Acts they refused to be designated as such.

Did Jesus reveal to Paul, He Jesus Christ was giving Him a gospel for the Gentile in Romans 11:13; Then again in Galatians 2:8, as well as I Timothy 2:7, and reintegrated in II Timothy 1:17?
    If we really have doubt in the only heavenly commissied Apostle, do we also doubt Ananias in a vision of the Lord
    Should have checked my post more closely before posting. I have been known to make a typing mistake here and there.

I see others do the same. I'm not quite sure what you meant in typing " od that Commission." I'll take it to mean "of".
    If so I say He indeed told His Apostles to do this. And we know from scripture they are to start in Jerusalem. When the House of Israel accepts Messiah, then They are to" Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

We know the Apostles never got out of Jerusalem, not until after the stoning of Stephen. That Kingdom that Was At Hand did not come. But it will, however we NOW KNOW it will not come until OUR RESURRECTION FIRST TAKES PLACE.

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Peter says Paul is difficult to understand. I see Festus didn't understand.

7. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. You are not Paul.
    2. Paul was not borderline illiterate.
    3. I am not Festus.
    4. You still are not making any sense.

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

To answer 1 through 3, first please re-read my post. I said "Peter said". I only reported what Peter said, so how do you come up with ituttut is Paul?

I'm happy to see you find Paul to not be "borderline illiterate". But where do you place Paul on the "illiteracy scale?

I never said you were Festus, anymore than I am Paul.

As to number 4, I understand what Peter said, but I don't believe you do.

As long as we are chaffering, I respond to being called illiterate. If I am as you say, could you be beside yourself, for I have been reading what you say, and writing you back. You acknowledge by answering. Perhaps another word will do the trick, but we have to remember curse words are not allowed on this Board.