1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About Brokeback Mountain?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 15, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Never saw the movie. Still don't really know what it's about. Or why its so huge in the reviews today. Or if Dr.Dobson should already be railing against or not, and why.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

gay cowboys / explicit scenes

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Two cowboys on the range for extended periods of time, while watching sheep, make love to each other. At least they leave the sheep alone.

[ January 15, 2006, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Bunyon ]

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

My husband loves westerns but I'll bet he'll leave this one alone! Just the idea what some concider entertainment now a days. [​IMG]

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Supposedly, it is about two cowboys who have a homosexual relationship and cannot endure "coming out of the closet" because it takes place in the 1960's in a conservative town and they don't really understand it all themselves.

They can't confess to the rest of the world that they are gay and they can't live openly as gay men. So they drift apart and keep living with their respective wives.

It is supposed to be a social commentary on how much times have changed.

However, the explicitness of the sex in the movie is supposedly "over the top" according to move critic, Roger Ebert, and one of the stars, Heath Ledger.

Why is it being bantered about as an award-winning movie?

Partly because of it's social commentary and partly because of artistic value.

But mainly because what wins praise in this evil old world is anything that violates the holiness of God's standard for living.

Should Dr. Dobson be rallying against the film? Yes. We all should be.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.

6. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

If the terrorist don't get us, the gay agenda will.

We need to stand up against this stuff everytime they try to shove it in our faces.

A lot of this is a spiritual battle against the powers of evil, therefore we need to put on our armor and call on Jesus for victory.

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who knows. When this gains universal acceptance, and then gets old and boring to people, that may be next. :rolleyes:

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always wondered if Sodom was destroyed not because all were involved in the sin, but that all were accepting of it. Dunno. Sure is becoming acceptable in our country.

9. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always wondered if Sodom was destroyed not because all were involved in the sin, but that all were accepting of it. Dunno. Sure is becoming acceptable in our country.

10. Magster

Magster New Member

Did anyone see Janet Parshall on Larry King last night? She did a great job of expressing the Christian perspective on this movie and did not apologize for making the decision not to see it. People cannot understand how we can love the sinner and yet hate the sin. And, I guess without the Holy Spirit, they never will.

11. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I recorded it on my DVR and finally watched it yesterday morning...and she and Dr Mohler both did a great job.
    Not that i'm not surprised, since it is CNN, but there was a definite leftist anti-Christian bias there.