1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured About Hebrews' warning: Do not draw back to perdition

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Browner, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dad1

dad1 Member

I have heard some, like John MacArthur teach about how some folks fall away and that is because they never were saved. This is news to you?

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, are you saying that everyone who makes a false profession of faith is saved? Is this some sort of universalism?

3. dad1

dad1 Member

]
    That is meaningless when coming from someone like a Calvinist who also teaches that you just were not saved if you sin in a way they feel is outrageous. Some probably even think not going to their silly church any more would be 'falling away'! Ha.
    The lady who saw Peter deny Christ had a limited perspective. The soldiers who saw the disciples flee the garden one night ad a limited perspective. The folks who may have seen the stinker Paul cited that had to be delivered to Satan to die so that he could have his spirit still live had a limited perspective! Etc etc. You have a limited perspective.

No. Salvation is NOT up to us anymore after we have it! Man may lie but God is not a man that He should lie. Even though we are faithless yet He abideth faithful. He cannot deny Himself. His word is sure. I know one person that now claims to be an atheist, but I don't really believe it. I consider them backslidden. So we cannot judge.

I can judge the Obama regime, that is is a very anti Christ anti bible thing. I would like to stop it there and not judge that he is hell bound, since maybe he is just very very very very very very backslidden and/or not yet saved. How would we know? I can judge the works though.

4. dad1

dad1 Member

If we ask for His salvation sincerely the Father gave us to Jesus! No one needs your extra criteria or opinion on it.

5. dad1

dad1 Member

No, but who does that? Who would know? God knows. I assume most of us are sincere when we pray for forgiveness and ask for the eternal life Jesus died for and promised us.

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you deny predestination? Do you think Ephesians 1:5 (Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,) and 1:11 (In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will.) are wrong?

And can you please post a quote from anyone on this thread who has claimed that "God has us as some sort of predestined zombies?" Thank you.

So is "Salvation is of the Lord." :)

So you deny Romans 8:7 (Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.) is scripture? Or 1 Corinthians 2:14 (Now the natural man doesn’t receive the things of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can’t know them, because they are spiritually discerned.)?

First, I am not your boy. In fact I am well over a decade older than you. I was in high school while you were busy being born. :)

As for the drawing board, I am not a draftsman, or artist of any sort. But I have spent the past 40+ years in vocational ministry. 27 years as pastor of the same church. And over 25 years as a seminary professor. And you? :)

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you make such an untrue statement? I don't know of any "Calvinist" whether self-identified as such or not, who believes that. Some, who tend to take "Lordship Salvation" to an extreme may, but even then most who believe in "Lordship Salvation" do not, but only believe that if a person's entire life is a denial of Christ it is unlikely (but ultimately unknowable) if that person is really saved.

Because I believe only God can see the heart you say I have a limited perspective? Are you claiming to have a better perspective than I do? Are you claiming to be able to see my heart?

That's what I said. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The fact is the giving took pla c e before the world was created. 2 tim 1:9....it has nothing to do with my opinion.
    You have wandered into the deep end of the pool and do not know how to swim.
    Might be a good idea to lean a bit before posting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have known some who did.
    Whoever they told. In my first church, back in 1974, there was a teen boy who attended our church with his mother. He made a profession of faith, was baptized, and was active with the teen group and youth choir. I left for another city and lost contact with him. I came back to visit about 5 years later and looked him up. He was no longer attending. I asked him why not. He said he didn't believe "all that crap." He told me the only reason he made the profession of faith and submitted to baptism was to get his mom off his back. Now that he was an adult he would do as he pleased.
    Yes, He does.
    So do I, but my assumptions do not always prove to be correct. :)

10. dad1

dad1 Member

God knew who would chose Him. He never made us do it.
    I think they mean something other than what you suggest. He did make a way for us and knew us before time started here.
    If anyone thinks that we are pre destined rather than free choice that is zombies.
    His spirit in us is what makes things understood. But let's not pretend your carnal man vanishes completely when we get saved. Paul said he still fought with that stuff.
    It seems pretentious to purposely get hung up on common phrases, like 'boy did that go well!' Etc. Petty and less than forthright.
    There you go again, being literal to a foolish degree.
    Do they offer refunds?
    Whooopee do.

Not a plus in any way.
    I am a believer.

11. dad1

dad1 Member

Don't feel free to take it to any level.

12. dad1

dad1 Member

God decided to send Jesus and the plan of salvation was there before the world began, yes. He foreknew us because He is the great I AM, and not bound to time. In no way does that take away from our free will and choice. Period.

13. dad1

dad1 Member

That shows progress! God is working on him. No church of yours needed.

14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a church. I am a member of a congregation belonging to the Lord Jesus Christ. You should try it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry to have to say this, but your posts don't make any sense. Do you drink? :(

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we all know that. What is your point?

Who said He did make us do it? Please quote the person saying that.
    I didn't say they mean anything. I just posted the scripture. Are you saying they don't mean what they say?

Yes, we all know that, what is your point?

So God is wrong for saying that we are predestined?

Exactly! And, as His Spirit is not in a lost person, there is no way a lost person can believe, or know, or obey, all of which are the result of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for making my point for me.

Nobody in this thread has said any such thing.

I see. So you can "get hung up on" and use "petty and less than forthright" insults but I am not allowed to comment on them? Can you post the Baptist Board rule that says that?

17. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Not one argument from Scripture from dad1, and not one argument against the Scriptures provided. From looking in here it is quite apparent dad1 doesn't have a solid grasp of Scripture. Titus 2:2 and 2 Timothy 2:15 are in order and need to be heeded.

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning:
    Sometime after 8pm Pacific, this thread will be closed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dad1

dad1 Member

All are based on Scripture. Your attempts to evil rate me to death are a joke. Ha.

20. dad1

dad1 Member

If it is predestined rather than a free choice you are a zombie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.