1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About illegal aliens

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On another thread In the Light said:
    How about this: The only agencies that needs to check on immigration status would be govt agy which give out $$ - ie welfare, food stamps ect, and those govt offices that provide a direct service such as schools, voting ect.

Now, if you take away the incentive to come to the US, then most illegals will stop coming.

Thoughts?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yep...totally agree. Our government shouldn't give anything to illegals except a ride home.

3. marke

marke New Member

God created all men equal. Jesus taught us to love all men equally. Govt. social programs and labor unions made enemies out of all men outside of govt. protected little groups (including 'outside groups' of large voting blocks of honest tax-paying American citizens trying to rein in govt overspending foolishness, as exampled in Wisconsin recently). Another fine example of our tax dollars hard at work.

I recommend we keep the hard-working individuals and send govt social programs packing on the next bus out of the country. That way we can be friends with our neighbors instead of seeing them as threatening enemies.

#3 marke, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  4. billwald

billwald New Member

I suggest a national ID card that included finger prints that could be used for everything including borrowing library books, hunting, and fishing.

5. 238480

238480 New Member

Amen! It isn't the illegals who are ruining our country - our nation was built on immigrants who came after filing less papers than most illegals file - it's the welfare programs! The illegals don't take advantage of the system, the lazy bums of all races and national origins do! I'm with you on this. We need hard workers, whether they had the privilege of coming legally or not. We don't need lazy bums so we should stop creating them with all our entitlement programs.

As Senator Santorum (my pick for president, although not for his immigration policy) so eloquently put it, "we used to spend 60% of our government on defense and 15% (or something like that) on entitlements. Now we spend 15% on defense and 60% on entitlements." We've got problems.