1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About the Apostles

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, May 24, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I scanned the link, and while it is a decent short synopsis, does not even make the same Area-code to being what is claimed, simply because such would be impossible.

In addition, how can one with a straight face suggest even such, considering there is no mention of James 'the Just', Judas, Barnabas, or one other whom I kinda' consider sort of important and to whom Scripture applies this designation of Apostle, namely the Lord Jesus Christ?

I really do suggest that one would be a bit better served in this area by checking out a couple of books, namely The Search for the Twelve Apostles by Dr. William Steuart McBirnie and All The Apostles of the Bible by Dr. Herbert Lockyer, even though Dr. McBirnie neglects to mention Jesus as an Apostle, as well.

Granted neither book is perfect, but I would still submit that both are better and more informative than this referenced page, overall.

Ed.

#2 EdSutton, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I would highly recommend

Twelve Ordinary Men

by Dr. John MacArthor