1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abraham Lincoln/Civil War enthusaists

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Alive in Christ, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

[/quote]
    It is worth much more than 2 cents. I enjoyed you post and found it to be true.

In school in the 40's and 50's that part of history was taught much different than it is today. We were taught good men were on both sides, where today most are taught most to all of the southerners were bad for the most part. As in politics today most say one side is good and one side is bad, we have very few if any statesmen.

#21 Bob Alkire, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one joins a "union" of any sort (economic, political, religious) one has the inherent right to "dissolve" said affiliation with that union over any grievance, real or imagined. We see that in our churches as people join and then change membership or withdraw.

The colonies did that from Great Britain in the first revolution, declaring that each colony was a SOVEREIGN STATE.

The second revolution saw some of those same SOVEREIGN STATES revolt and form a new confederation. Sadly, the big government federalist invaded and forced allegiance to a union that trumped state sovereignty.

Hence we remind folks regularly that the ISSUE of the second revolution was State Sovereignty/Rights, not freeing slaves.

And (sadly) that we [all America] LOST and the federal dictatorship has become all-powerful, mocking state rights today.

3. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

I am interested in learning some of the negatives of Abraham Lincoln. I have study Lincold and the Civil War for quiet a few years. I am interested in what someone has study him and can give me a hint to where I can find the source. Thanks in advance.

I have only seen one side of the coin and I have been convinced that he was a good president. I can share some of my thoughts if anyone should ask. I still won't to see the other side of the coin.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I goggled "Was Lincoln a bad President"

Here is what I came up with

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dieteman/dieteman16.html

http://racerelations.about.com/b/2007/02/06/college-puts-president-lincoln-on-trial-for-racism.htm

Ray, I hope this helps. The first link gives a reference to where Lincoln as a lawyer represented a slave owner!

Also the bogus Emancipation Proclamation did not free any slaves. Only CSA Commonwealths or States were affected!

Good luck in your research

Salty

ps, Lincoln did not run as a Republician in 1864

5. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Thanks a lot Salty. I will see what I have'n known up to now.