1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abrahams servant seeking a sign

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Plain Old Bill, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

When Abraham sent his servant to find a wife for Isaac the servant prayed for a sign. The servant asked God to send a girl who would offer him water and give his camels water also. Now I have read this passage a least 100 times and it just hit me what the magnitude of the sign was.
    There were 10 camels.
    Camels drink about 3 gallons of water at a time.
    Wells were dug into the ground 20 to 75 feet or more and had steps.
    These water jugs wieghed 40 pounds or more each.
    It would take the equivelant of walking up and down a 20 to 75 story building with a least a 40 pound pack to give 10 camels water.

I say this was no small sign the servant was looking for. What think you? Is my thinking on this right?

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I never would have thought of this, Bill, but your insight is very interesting!

3. Plain Old Bill

What do you think the chances of finding someone willing to do all of that are?

4. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Agree it would be a LOT of work, but it would be more like a 2 to 7 story building.But the idea is the same.

5. Plain Old Bill

In terms of each trip that would be true however it would take about ten trips to get each of those camels 3 gallons of water which would translate into 400 to 1500 feet 20 to 75 down and 20 to 75 up times 10.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Today- practically nil!

:laugh: