1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Absolute predestinarian Primitve Baptist Churches in N.C.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OldSchool, Sep 11, 2013.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a book titled Eternity in Their Hearts...title taken from a verse in Ecclessiastes reading that way in NIV, but not in the KJV....
    anyway, the author has compiled stories shared by some missionaries or quoted from the lives of some missionaries like Hudson Taylor, where he met natives in the lands he went to that actually had stories passed on to them by word of mouth from their ancestors where they were supposed to wait for a stranger or strangers from far away lands who will show them "the way", or something like that.
    I had the book but loaned it to a friend.
    Interesting read, but, as always with something extrascriptural, to be taken with a wee grain of salt, even if we believe that God has His elect in all segments and chronology of this plane we call time.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For me that would be about a 2 1/2 hour to 3 Hr drive. But I didnt even know they existed (& Im part Welsh). Why the heck dont these guys church plant in real towns like Morristown, Hackensack, Parsippany, Somerville, you know where like people live & work.... Jeeze!!!

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but was made actual when the elected/chosem person received jesus thru faith!

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our faith has zilch to do with our eternal destiny but everything to do with the benefits to be had from obedience to the gospel here, now, in this realm.

God Himself has settled all eternal aspects of our salvation. It's up to us to believe that, rest in it, trust Him, adhere to Him, rely on Him, love Him, love our neighbor, and enjoy the table He has set before us.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Questions Proposed from the several Churches, Debated, and Resolved, by the Baptist Assembly of 1689:

6. OldSchool

OldSchool New Member

Absolutely Brother. Faith and repentance are gracious gifts from God. They are evidences of the new birth, not causes of the new birth. The new birth is what enables depraved man to even see himself as a sinner. Faith is my assurance. I can fully trust in Christ's FINISHED WORK on the cross and believe that it actually pardoned ALL my sins. If I can truly believe that, nothing wavering. And rest in that, then that is all the evidence I need that I have eternal life. Because that kind of trust could never have come from within.

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36)

Believeth is present tense... Hath is past tense.

Thus, he that is now believing, has already been given everlasting life.

If you can believe then the LORD has already visited:thumbsup:

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    {our faith} is a gift from the Lord Himself, but we still MUST receive jesus thru that faith, as faith is the avenue God ordained that His Grace to save us would get to us by!

Every example in the NT is that sinners received jesus thru faith, and that was when they got saved by God!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The holy Spirit enters into a person when they believe on Jesus,not before!

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Holy Spirit INDWELLS every elect child of God, which is why when they receive the effectual call of God, it is irresistible to them.
    you might be confusing indwelling, with infilling.
    not the same.

10. OldSchool

OldSchool New Member

Like I stated before, Often times men are looking at the same thing just from differing viewpoints or angles. I've spent 10-12 years almost driving myself crazy over these issues. And it all comes from tampering with the mind of the High and Lofty one. :BangHead: In the beginning, I was Arminian to the core (as I believe all men are by nature). As time progressed, I went from a Synergist to finally an absolute Monergist. I believe man is Entirely passive in His Salvation with Christ as the Captain of our souls. Finally if we give Christ ALL of the credit and ALL of the glory. Where is the wrong in that? Where is the wrong in praising him for ALL things? Not 80% of our salvation. No, not even 99%. Why is it wrong to give him ALL the praise and Glory that is due to him? The Monergistic view point does just that. No need for division, no need for arguments. We will ALWAYS differ some. None of us will EVER see things Exactly the same way. Why? because we are sinners of whom I am chief :jesus:

Even though some have never plowed the furrow far enough... most Christians belief systems stem from 1 of the 4 views below. Each view will color thier Theology in almost every area:

Ecclesiology

Christology

Soteriology

Eschatology

and so on.

Thank God our Salvation does NOT depend on our understanding of the things of God.. or we would ALL be lost!

Glory to Jesus forever!

Supralapsarianism
    1. Elect some, reprobate rest
    2. Create
    3. Permit Fall
    4. Provide salvation for elect
    5. Call elect to salvation

Infralapsarianism
    1. Create
    2. Permit Fall
    3. Elect some, pass over the rest
    4. Provide salvation for elect

Amyraldism
    1. Create
    2. Permit Fall
    3. Provide salvation sufficient for all
    4. Elect some, pass over rest

Arminianism
    1. Create
    2. Permit Fall
    3. Provide salvation for all
    4. Call all to salvation
    5. Elect those who believe

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spirit makes us new creatures in Christ, indwells and seals us at moment of receiving jesus thru faith, and His infilling is a decision by decision response to him that we can choose to do after that!

12. Ricky Blair

Ricky Blair New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old School guy, who are you ? My name is Ricky. I live in Marion NC should be kinda close to where you are. I know this thread is old but if you see it. Please reply, we share the same interest and thoughts. You can contact me at [email protected]. Or look me up on Facebook, Ricky Blair. Thanks

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...looks like @OldSchool made all 17 of his posts on this 8 yr old thread and that's it. He's been inactive since. (hard to believe I missed this one)

• Like Like x 1