1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Absolute "PROOF" that Jehovah's Witness is a cult!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Scarlett O., Jul 20, 2007.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:laugh:

I didn't think you were as much of a cat-hater as those guys are. I must have missed something. :)

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Go back and read some old pit stops. I can't stand the things -- but anything that the JW's hate -- I have to look at again.

--------------------------

They do make my eyes swell shut. Whenever anyone asks us over that we don't know well, we have to ask about cats. One year, we were invited to a neighbors house for a Christmas party. Ron asked. The person said, OH NO. We got there, and I started to itch and swell. Within 20 minutes we had to leave. Ron said, "There is something Bitsy's allergic to, we've got to get her home." Person responded, "BUT I locked the cat in the bathroom!" If I could have opened my eyes, my teacher look might have put her properly in her place, but as it was, I got led to bed for an antihistimine and an ice pack :BangHead:

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never read or heard such faulty logic in my life.
    Sounds like this person is calling for feline mass murder.

4. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

People who don't have a particular allergy usually have NO CLUE just how bad an allergen can affect an individual. I have the same eye-swelling you do with some allergens. Not just cats. Not ALL cats. I have even OWNED cats most of my life (and wasn't allergic to THEM). I love cats, but I would NEVER tell someone that there wasn't one around even if they ONLY stayed outside, because I know how bad that reaction can be!

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That makes you an ANTI WITNI...

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

And that makes you a poet :applause: (in the very broadest definition of the term :laugh: )

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From Scarlett's link -

I have to admit that my daughter's cats DO appear "beast like" - I try to picture them as people the way she does -- but they alway come up as little "beasts"!!

beasts beasts!! They put their mark on the chairs and on the furniture and they leave their beastly hairs on the rug!!

I say it is about time the humans rise up and tell the little beasts enough is enough! We won't stand for this beast-marking furniture-scratching, untrustworthy beasting any longer.

In all honesty - "THIS" SITE appears to be a little closer to what JW's might be really saying -

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/2/22a/article_02.htm

#27 BobRyan, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  8. Joe

Joe New Member

From BobRyan's link
    (An official publication of JW's)

When I studied with them in high school, we used a book called "You can live forever in paradise on earth" or "live forever in paradise on earth" I forgot the exact title. It was a nice large red book with illustrations inside including a picture of a young boy laying alongside a lion. They taught that animals can live forever yet their website states differently.

Oh well.....they also taught that the Rapture would have happened by now and I am still here :thumbsup:

Here is the paragraph from the Watchtower website-

It is good to remember, though, that the Bible emphasizes the distinction between humans and animals. Humans, not animals, were made 'in the image and likeness of God.' (Genesis 1:26) And whereas animals were created with a limited life span, humans had the prospect of living on earth forever. (Genesis 3:22, 23; Psalm 37:29

#28 Joe, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  9. Joe

Joe New Member

I just found the book "You can live forever in Paradise on Earth" by the JW's copyright 1982

It states on pg 161 (with an illustration with a boy petting a lion) that"The wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them" Isiah 11:6 Isaiah 65:25

Their official website link states differently. Maybe they believe cat's, who are now beastlike, will not have eternal salvation therefore cannot be an acceptable pet.

#29 Joe, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  10. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

.......or Poncho.

~~~~~~~~

I asked my Dad, while still a child, why there was a huge rock in the middle of nowhere, next to a country road and a farm field. He explained that a JW owned the farm. They put huge rocks on their land to help them find it when they come back to earth after death, he said. Mom confirmed the story: they get to come back to their original location. After that, I began to see huge rocks even in some of the yards in some of the small towns in that area. I guess it was a sort of enclave for JWs.

#30 DQuixote, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  11. queenbee

queenbee Member

Proof JW's is a cult

Well, according to the JW's that have been coming round my door like clockwork the last 3 weeks, I guess I'm doomed and going to HEdoublehockeystix. I'll be sure to inform my feline furball to meet me there. :laugh:

On a more serious note - are there any former JW's on this site? and what of those of you who are dealing with the JW's at the door? This has become a real issue for me in the last month. I unfortunately took literature a couple of weeks ago (so I could do some Bible comparisons) and now can't get them off my doorstep. (Come to think of it, the last time they were here the cat did sashay out the front door much to the look of uncertainty on the face of one of the women).

I don't wish to be impolite nor unkind, but having done some intensive research this week, I am very leery of further contact. Their doctrinal beliefs, financial improprieties, abuses (emotional & sexual) are very frightening to read about. Discussion appears to be a lost cause in some respects as they aren't prepared to hear anything rational or legit otherwise. I guess that's the mark of a cult for sure. How grateful I am to have a church and family history where freedom of thought is encouraged and I can approach my heavenly Father directly for correction and lovingkindness and not elders or some governing board falsely distorting the word of God.

Thoughts???

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have offten opened the door to them - and studied with them for more than a year trying to help then see the light regarding the Trinity.

(Shhhh - don't tell Targus).

in Christ,

Bob

13. Watchman

Watchman New Member

What should we expect from those who, not only corrupt Scripture, but cannot even quote it properly:
    the 'lion will lie down with the lamb' -Isa. 11:6-7.
    This is not found in this passage, or anywhere in the Bible.

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox." (Isaiah 11:6,7)

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Could be kind of risky if the feline has all that fur around the fire... :laugh:

I with Bob on the other, I would invite them in and have study with them. Their discussion only last about 5 or so minutes then I usually ask if Christ is their saviour. I then get out my bible and try to show them the light... I'll have to try a cat next time if I can get them to come back...

I will say I have a couple of x JW's as members of our Church. They came by the house enough and finally accepted my invitation to our service. Funny thing, they never participate when we go out door knocking...