1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AC Dixon, The Premier Fundamentalist

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] AC Dixon, The Premier Fundamentalist
    This post is so appropriate to The Fundamentalist's thread, the Baptist History thread, and I believe this thread that I decided to post it in all three venues. It has applications for all three groups.

Have a look see and enjoy!!!!:smilewinkgrin:

I just recently gave a paper at the Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I have to say it was quite a delight to be invited to come and present.

While there I heard a most interesting paper given by Dr. Priest. Most of you will know him. He has been one of the outstanding scholars of the Fundamentalist movement for years. He is quite an accomplished scholar who is a Bob Jones grad. I must say I was proud indeed with my "Bob Jones connection" to hear him present.

Anyway, on the the meat. His presentation has been put on line. Every Fundamentalist, or Baptist Church History fan, or Baptist interested in Baptist Education of any hue or stripe; owes it to themselves to hear this paper on AC Dixon, especially from a well known scholar like Dr. Priest.

I look forward to your comments and insights after you have heard his presentation. Here you are:

http://sbcvoices.com/baptist-spiritu...ference-audio/

You will have to scroll down to find Dr. Priest's presentation.

FYI! & Enjoy!

"That is all!":thumbsup:

A Note of Clarification to the Administrators:
    I understand the Administration may want or need to move this particular post. I understand in that case. I just thought it had a "Baptist College" application since the paper was given;
    1. at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary,
    2. was given concerning a man who influenced much Baptist Thought,
    3. by one of the leading scholars of our time,
    4. who graduated from Bob Jones University.

2. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Interesting material.............

Thanks Rhett! :thumbsup:

This is good stuff including a session by some guy named Roger Duke. :applause:

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paid Response

As always, thanks for the good words. I like to spread things around that I consider good. Issues like the Fuller Center for Baptist Studies are not very well known and I knew could bring some new light into Baptist Studies here on the BB.

Once again, thank you for the complement.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin: