1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

accepted Christ on air?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by stubbornboy, Sep 6, 2004.

1. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

ive seen people accept salvation tru faith on tv but celebrities well i havent seen one (here in the philippines).is their a time in america TV history that a celebrity or a political figure accepted Christ on TV? :confused: [​IMG]

2. time like this

time like this New Member

I've never seen it

3. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I don't think it has ever happen. For to become a Christian you must become weak and the celebrities and politicians have worked their whole life to become powerful. They would ahve to admit that they are not as cool and as hip as they would like every one to believe.

Matt

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

[​IMG] I don't know her religious standing but Patricia Heaton, from Everybody Loves Raymond, is very open about her pro-life stance. I sure hope she's a Chrisitian. [​IMG]

Diane

5. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

She is pretty crude though. I watched her show a couple times and there was some bad stuff in it. Plus I am so tired of sitcoms portraying the Father of the House to be a spineless jellyfish, who all he does is sit around the house and watch football. And if he does not do that, he is gay! Come on now! It is so irritating! I want Cosby back, he was cool!

Matt

6. Lori

Lori New Member

Well I think maybe Life with Jim has a strong male character. And if he'd (the character) would be more honest he wouldn't get himself into so many silly situations...but then I guess that's what makes his show funny. Another strong male lead was Jack Ritter on 8 Simple Rules.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

7. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That is true. Thank you for correcting my error. But it does seem that every other show, excluding the ones you spoke of does the stupid male thing.

Matt

8. Lori

Lori New Member

You are also correct in that there are lots of un-masculinating (<---new word how do ya like it [​IMG] ) shows out there, like friends (where they make men look like they're dummies(Joey), will and grace (don't even haveta say about that one). Maybe one of these days tv will get better.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you referring to people who actually did the accepting of Christ on TV? Or do you mean TV personalities who have accepted Christ? Or do you mean TV personalities who have given their testimony on TV?

If the answer is #1, I don't recall any, but I'm sure it's probably happenned.
    If the answer is #2, there are a lot of Christian actors.
    If the answer is #3, there are a lot of Christian actors who have given a testimony via the air.

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I've never seen any.But in line with JohnV's entry would'nt it be amazingly wonderful for all of these Christian actors,actresses,producers, & directors to get together and put together some uplifting programming.
    Some situation comedies with decent morals and behavior.It can be done. some examples of the past would be Leave it to Beaver,Ozzie & Harriet,The life of Riley, you know decent veiwing.