1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Accepting new church members

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Feb 4, 2015.

1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Never mind.

#41 salzer mtn, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm sad you took that comment down, salzer. I was willing to talk about it with you.
    I saw your post, but when I hit REPLY, I noticed you had edited your comment.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like we believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God... Like we seek to reach people with the Gospel in our community and throughout the world... Like we have a loving fellowship where people are loved and cared for... Like we try to meet the spiritual needs of all age groups.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK.....but don't Calvinistic churches do that kind of activity also? See, what you are suggesting (I'm thinking) is that many Calvinistic churches do not touch the flesh, do not emphasize the importance of going out to others....perhaps I'm putting words in your mouth, but that is what I have experienced & maybe I'm scared to admit it.

And if that is so then I really have to evaluate allot of things .....I believe in reaching out, I believe in sharing Christ with others, I believing in going out & meeting people where they are ....in their homes, in their everyday environments..... I see Christ in the poor, the destitute, the alcoholic, the sinner & I try to meet them there. But Ive also been to churches where they shun that. Isn't that where we are to meet Christ, what we are about as Christs representatives?

5. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what Calvinistic church do or do not do. What I am saying is that there is more about what draws people to a local church than just whether it is Calvinistic or not.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure....activities

7. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who said anything about activities? I listed 4 different things that attract people to a church. not a one of them have anything to do with activities. they are all about attitude, beliefs and convictions.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personal opinion: 100% agreement, no. Submission to the church's beliefs, yes. Otherwise the individual ought not to join.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That must be what some pastors must think because when I write them about my personal beliefs they don't respond back. but I never told them I would not submit to them....only my beliefs as a 5P & Amil. Perhaps that is enough to preclude someone.

#49 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015