1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

accompaniment track

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by TaterTot, Feb 19, 2005.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Does anyone have "Mercy Saw Me"? I need this for our Easter cantata, and am told its no longer available. I have the sheet music, but need the track. I will buy it from you if you are willing, or if not, I'll pay postage both ways if you'll lend it. Thanks!

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why not get one of the musician's in the church to play it. After all, God gifted the church with musicians and not tape players.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

What a beautiful choice, Tater! I agree about the track. You'd need a small orchestra to do it justice.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Pastor Larry,

Not all churches have musicians that can play things. Tape players/CD players/etc are a great tool, and it doesn't hurt anything.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

The reason is because all the other songs are to a track, and I am the only one in the church who can play it. It would look out of place for me to walk across the platform to paly and it would sound out of place to. I dont really want to break the flow.

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Thanks Moewow2! It wasnt the right one, but I really appreciate you spending your time to look that up! That was sweet! This one is written by Geron and Becky Davis
    TaterTot

7. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

You're welcome...I thought it was worth a shot CBD sometimes has those hard to find tracks

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Pastor Larry,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Blessings,

Mike

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

TatorTot,

I'll bet it would be the musical highlight of the whole cantata. [​IMG] God would probably bless your playing and singing of it abundantly well enough to bless everybody else.

God bless,

Mike

10. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Hey Y'all folks that are against using accompaniment tracks . . . I attend a small church that is lacking a piano player right now (have been for some time). Forget other instruments. We've never had anything other than piano players or an organist. I don't mind singing just to the piano, but we don't even have that at the moment.

I think it's important to use the resources you do have first of all, but sometimes there is a gap and you use what else God provides.

Julia

11. Steve P.

Steve P. New Member

Why not just sing without music. with the help of the spirit sometimes it will surprise you how good it sounds

12. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Yes, I do like to do that sometimes, and we have an older gentleman at church who never uses music.

Julia

13. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

OH, I am not gonna play it. I am directing the cantata and to get to the piano around the scenery would be an ordeal. A cappella isnt an option for this song, but I do love that! Nevermind - all I wanted to know was if anyone had the tape, not how you think I should do my job. ;)

14. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I just re-read my post, and I really didnt mean to sound rude! [​IMG]

15. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Tator,

Hey, cant brothers and sisters [​IMG] offer *suggestions* to a sister? [​IMG]

Oh, it didnt come across as rude at all! ;)

Grace and peace,

Mike

16. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well, I do appreciate suggestions, usually, but if I cant find the tape, i'll change the song. This is a big production with full costume and drama, and it really wouldn't work well and be done "professionally" any other way I could think of.
    Glad there arent any hard feelin's!!
    [​IMG]

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Just a question: Why the concern with "professional" performances? I am not saying we should do it shabbily. But if God hasn't gifted your church with the tools necessary for the cantata, why don't you think that means you should go another direction?

It seems like we are way too tied to technology ... and I like technology. Some churches would have to close down if there was a power outage. I think we need to give this more thought ..

18. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

And isn't there inherent dishonesty in tracks??? Doesn't it suggest you have something you don't, and something God hasn't gifted your church with as of yet?

19. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Why would you assume that using technology is dishonest?