Accordance Bible software

Discussion in 'Computers & Website Forum' started by Dale-c, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone use Acordance Bible software?
    It is supposed to be the best Bible software out there on any platform.

That said it has a learning curve because it is a professional program. It is for serious, scholarly study.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory
    Expand Collapse

I looked into Accordance, but I remember reading that is was lacking some of the abilities of Logos and does not have as many e-books available. I chose logos and currently run it in Parallels Desktop. Logos is slow but packed with great features and it actually works better in Parallels than on a regular PC.

I only have Parallels for Logos and when the Mac version comes out I will may dish Parallels since I will have no real need for it.

3. Ulsterman

Ulsterman
    Expand Collapse

I bought Accordance and was frustrated by it. Perhaps I was too impatient to go through the learning curve. I just use a simple Bible Reader Free v99, and use books as before for more serious study.

4. Psalm 95

Psalm 95
    Expand Collapse

I have Accordance since a year. I have the standard version and the Thompson Chain Reference Bible.

I do not use it for serious scholarly study since I am not a scholar. I use it to find verses, check the greek or hebrew behind, reserch subjects, word studies and so on.

For my use it is not to difficult to use.